Big Concrete Tiles Vs Cemented Ground

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Alexandoy • Nov 2, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We were fixing the vacant lot beside our property to serve as an open parking. And instead of cementing the ground, we had decided on buying the big concrete tiles that can carry the weight of the car. We saw this in one shopping center and I think it’s not just cute but also convenient. All we have to do is to lay out the tiles on the ground and that’s it. If it needed moving then it can be. With the cement, it is permanent and there is no way that it can be moved.

2. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I think having tiles instead of laying out cement all over the lot is more convenient. In the parking lot of the building I live in, cement is laid over the open space and with time, cracks develop into the cement and the kids start prying in the cracks just for fun or to take out soil underneath the cement and the crack widens. Same thing happened in our parking lot and there was quite a large shallow ditch created in place where my son and his friend dug soil out from. Now we have covered that up but it would not happen with tiles. So I think tiles was a better option for you economically.

3. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm of more preference to tiles than concrete cement floor. Tiles are more convenient and it has a nice way of making a house look more beautiful and appealing. Truth be told, tiles are more of a trend today in building materials when compared to cement floors.

Another thing which I love so much about tiles is it's cooling and chilling features. It has a nice way of making a house temperature cool. If one's body is hot, it can easily cool it down by laying on it. The only downside of tiles is that it's a lot more expensive.

4. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Concrete tiles are in vogue these days. I am planning on replacing my cemented pathways with block tiles that are suitable for paths. You have chosen rightly as your tiles are strong enough to withstand heavy weights

5. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I think cement ground is just okay. The con is that walking bare foot on cemented ground is not healthy and can cause arthritis. This is because cement is cold. Using carpets will be better if you have no light shoes for wearing in the house.

Tiles are also okay. I never knew they could be moved but thanks for sharing this. :D