Big Eater, Lots Of Money?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by efrain silva • Dec 26, 2016.

1. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    I have an usual but common question. Perhaps not everyone is bold enough to ask it. Yet I will. First of all, I like to eat. I like to eat A LOT. Are there well priced food packages for large groups like myself? I am talking about entire big eaters during New Year's Eve and such?

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever tried eating with tortillas? Let's say you have chicken and some sort of sauce and mashed potatoes. Well, you can add some of that to a tortilla and eat it together. Sometimes, I don't have enough of the food to fill me up so I eat eight to ten tortillas along with it and it gets me full. Bread fills you up a lot too so you can use bread instead and take bites off of it along with bites of food.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a difficult thread to answer. To save on food expense, the best recourse is to stuff your plate with root crop or plantain. Root crops like taro, potatoes, sweet potatoes, are very filling that can quench your hunger. Try including fried plantain in your meal as a side dish and 3 or 4 pieces of plantain can fill up your big tummy.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    This is so me! Okay, since I have a large apetite that is not so common among ladies, I must say first of all it is embarrassing that I keep serving myself long after most are done.

The fact that, I have to stop this another queue to eating more. I try and binge at times.

I have learned that filling foods may be a good alternative to spending a lot of cash in such cases but the one that has worked for me is to eat sweets/sugary items. A small amount of sweets or a bar of candy kills my hunger for quite a long time. That way I save mysekf the trouble if food search, extra expenses and weight gain.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I really can't afford to make a large amount of food so I always will need to have a side of something a bit heavier to fill me up. With some foods you can have a side or mix it up with some rice, rice is very filling so it will for sure keep you full a while. If rice doesn't make a good combination with your dish you can try bread or corn tortilla chips which are even more filling than the rice.

6. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    In our location jack-fruit was used as a major course of meal and you can make a lot of variety dishes out of unripe jack-fruit. As it was available in plenty people used to make it as a daily dish along with rice. It was quite economical too. But nowadays jack-fruit is the most sought after fruit in our country. As people focused more on non-agricultural activities this fruit also became scarce. Those available are selling at high prices and it is really difficult to get one.

Recently a number of research reports highlighted the medicinal values of jack-fruit. So it became very popular but there is an acute shortage.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have a bakery near you that sells cheap bread? Over here you can buy the cheapest ones that are around 8 to 10 cents. Also, when you eat, include coffee or juice in your meals, because they tend to fill you up more. Also, go for soups or any food that has soup in it. It is more heavier in the stomach than dry food.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To be very frank I am not a big eater but we have many restaurants/food chains that offer unlimited food for a fixed amount. They have a fixed menu but one can eat any amount of food according to his choice. I have seen people eating big with their family and friends. I guess the restaurant owners know the fact that all in a group cannot eat big so average out and make good profit.

9. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I don't believe that to be very true because ALL the girls I have met be it thin or chubby, have a huge appetite when they're comfortable enough to show it. I once knew a girl that ordered a salad because that was her ''limit.'' I knew she was just suppressing her hunger so I ordered food for her and said ''if you don't eat it, I will.'' I ordered a good amount and she devoured the entire thing. She was thin as well. I think most ladies have a big appetite. They're just afraid to show it. Also, a good alternative to sweets is peanuts. Peanuts really fill you up, are cheaper, and a lot healthier.

10. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Just about 50 percent of my income goes into buying food. In fact food is number one expenses for most of the family. I try to save money on food by cooking my food in home instead of dining in restaurant. If you have a big appetite, you will be spending more money in food. You must eat to live and not live to eat.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Vinaya@Vinaya I am sure you also have the same kind of restaurants like we have in our country that offer unlimited food for fixed price. Most of such restaurants are vegetarian with 7-8 dishes and rice and Chapati in their menu besides sweets. Most of these restaurants are known as Marvadi restaurants (a community from Rajasthan) known for simple but tasty food.

#11Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
  12. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    @TheKnight@TheKnight I totally agree with this LOL! My wife eats like me or even more! We tend to eat at eat all you can restaurants or places that offer unlimited rice back when we were still into rice so much.

#12Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2017
  13. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    @Working Buck@Working Buck Heh, in my area, the unlimited options we get are unlimited bread sticks or nachos with salsa. When we go out, though so we can truly be satisfied, we just go to an all you can eat buffet especially if we have a family full of heavy eaters. I don't mean fat but that we eat a lot. I recommend all you can eat buffets instead of restaurants because you can always leave satisfied since you regulate your own amount of food and are not just given a certain amount. Some buffets are cheap too and can cost 7.00 dollars without the drink or with it.

#13Jan 25, 2017
  14. Working Buck

Threads:
    @TheKnight@TheKnight Hope we have some of those in my area. We only have places where they offer unlimited rice. Well there is this place where there is a buffet where you can eat as much as you can for around 10 dollars, but I do not like the food since it's too greasy and salty.

#14Jan 26, 2017
  15. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    We also have restaurants in our area that serves unlimited food, snacks and meals. My hubby and I loves to eat with these types of restaurants since we're big eaters and we have huge appetite :D The amount is usually $10 for unlimited dishes and same price for unlimited snacks like pastas and salads. But even if they serve unlimited food, you can't stay at the restaurant the entire day since they will only allow you to stay for 3 hours at most, and take out isn't available for unlimited menu or buffet.

16. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    @Working Buck@Working Buck Ah, that kind of sucks. Where I live, there are Chinese, Mexican, and meat buffets. I recommend a meat buffet because if you don't like greasy foods, you can always eat the turkey, grilled chicken, and grilled steak. They usually cost around 12 dollars for entry. I suggest visiting when there aren't holidays because they're cheaper on normal days or weekdays.

#16Jan 26, 2017
  17. Working Buck

Threads:
    @TheKnight@TheKnight I hope it's cheap to visit your place man LOL! There aren't a lot of those in my area, even in the city. And if ever you could find one, it will cost you around 20 dollars for that kind of food.

#17Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  18. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    @Working Buck@Working Buck If you ever want to visit Cancun, I suggest avoiding visits during summer or spring. This is a very touristic area and in those seasons, plane tickets usually cost a large amount. I also recommend planning your flight on weekdays because the prices can increase a lot during weekends.

#18Jan 27, 2017
  19. Working Buck

Threads:
    @TheKnight@TheKnight I would definitely visit your place but I need to save a lot first since your place is way too far from here. thanks for the plane tips man.

#19Jan 28, 2017
  20. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    @Working Buck@Working Buck Just so you know, the hotels next to the beaches can reach 1,000 dollars per night and no less than 200 dollars so I recommend a hotel a mile or so away from them. Those hotels are still nice and will cost you around 30-50 dollars per night which is a huge difference in prices.

#20Jan 29, 2017