Big Retailer Of Choice?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by gmckee1985 • May 9, 2016.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I'm always curious as to where people shop. I assume, considering how much money they make and how packed their parking lots usually are that most folks shop at Wal-Mart most often. I was curious to see if that holds up for the posters here as well. Is Wally World where you go most often? Or do you avoid it? I'd have to see that I enjoy going to Target the most, but it's a little out of the way for me. While Wal-Mart is only like 2 miles from my house, so that's usually where I go, despite the hassle and the sometimes less than satisfactory customer service.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Target as well, but although it's one street closer than Walmart, I usually end up going to Walmart. Walmart has a full service grocery section, with more variety and usually lower prices than Target. Walmart also has my bank on site, a larger electronics department, and more economical home and garden section, as well as live plants and gardening supplies. There's also a Murphy's gas station outside of Walmart, which means I can gas up there, buy lottery tickets, and put air in my tires.

I will run to Target if I'm going to be over that way and have a little extra money, because they sell Einstein Bros. bagels, which I love, and also have a Starbucks inside the store, although lately, I've tended to go to the Starbucks inside the larger Kroger the next town over, since I'm up that way once per month and can use my Kroger gas discount there.

In other words, I shop where I can get the most bang for my buck as well as doing as many other functions at the same time.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy shopping at Target and Safeway. I also love shopping at Trader Joe's and Whole foods, but as those are significantly more expensive, I will only go there every now and then. For day-to-day, I go to Target and Safeway usually.

4. bogo

bogoMember

Threads:
    I avoid Walmart like the plague. Unless they have a major sale on, it's never worth it. People are so quick to assume that Walmart has the best prices, but they really don't. They only have the best selection. Most people are pretty lazy when it comes to shopping so they get used to getting everything they need at Walmart at fairly modest prices. I'm a big fan of Costco, mostly due to their quality Kirkland stuff and that fact they pay their employees a living wage. I have very little royalty for most big box stores besides Costco, and it mostly boils down to who has the best deal on an item I want that week.

5. juulicob

juulicobNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer Target quality over Wal Mart, but I usually prefer Wal Mart prices over Target. They're located just down the road from each other where I live so if I don't find something I'll just go to the other one. I'll never buy produce from Wal Mart though. Or most food items. I don't really buy much produce from Target either, but if I'm there and find something cheap then I may.

6. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    Wal-mart is right across the street from my neighborhood, but I avoid it for anything other than an emergency stop. For groceries Aldi's is my first stop, but in terms of a supercenter type store, Target is much preferred even though it's a ten minute drive.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bus so I got to make my trips worthwhile every time. I like 6 big retailers:
    1. Safeway. They have $5 Fridays, some in-store deals soooo good 3 Milano cookies for $5! Weekly ads thats superb!
    2. Times Supermarket a local grocer has fabulous prices like Chia seeds 2/$1! Fresh veggies like manoa lettuce for as low as 3.29 a pound! Weekly ads very good prices.
    3. Walgreens has 1.99 Russel Stover's candies always and 2/$5 nuts all the time on sale with one of the best rewards programs that I'm in too. They got vienna sausage too! Weekly ads that's terrific!
    4. CVS has their extra care card with great coupons like 40% off coupon on one CVS store product at least once every 2 months, weekly ads too!
    5. ABC Stores that has the cheapest e-cigs so far and very friendly people too. They got in-store bargains that's so goooood!

So every retailer has something for me at different times.

6. Last but not least is Walmart. They got good prices for non food and food items that I buy. I love their olive oil prices.

8. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart, always Walmart. My mom is an AM at Walmart so I know when things go on clearance and run up there and stock up. When you go at the right time things are insanely cheap. I go buy my daughter's clothes, recently I bought 12 outfits for $12, all $1 apiece on winter suits a few sizes bigger so they'll fit her next winter. I actually got a $18 winter coat for $1! She's actually just starting to wear all the summer outfits I got her last year on sale.

Also, make up! 25 cents apiece on Revlon infallible lipstain and fountain. You have to dig to find the stuff people haven't already ruined but they're in there!

9. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't care much about retailers. I would go to a Walmart or Target only because is the nearest store from my location. I'm only interested in their sale prizes, not in contest or any other event they usually arrange.

10. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy shopping at the Target Supercenter. The prices are not as good as Walmart, but the store is always clean, well stocked, cash registers are always open, and there is a variety of products. LOVE it!!!!!

11. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I know Wal-Mart isn't the best mass merchandiser, but it is probably the most convenient. It is only a few minutes away from where I live whereas the only Target that was about twenty minutes from where I live was closed for some reason. The customer service at Wal-Mart can be terrible, but it's where I do most of my grocery and toiletries shopping. When I want to buy better quality fruits and meats, I shop at a local Korean supermarket called H-Mart. It's more expensive, but they sell pretty much everything there.