Big Savings at Joanne's Fabrics

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by vrobnson • Oct 9, 2012.

1. vrobnson

vrobnsonNew Member

Threads:
    I posted last week about downloading the Michael's app when I was doing my wedding planning. It saved me so much money! I forgot to post about the Joanne's app. Although Joanne's Fabrics mainly has fabrics and notions for sewing, they also have cardstock, flowers, craft supplies, stamping supplies, wedding items, glassware, and much more.

When you download their app, you will be able to go to it and load coupons in your "wallet". Most of the times those coupons are either 15%, 20% or even 50% off an item, or sometimes it may be something like 20% off your entire purchase. There are ALWAYS coupons. Once you download the app, you should be able to save on something on every visit you make to the store.All you do is open the app when you get to the register and the cashier will scan it.

I didn't use the app as much as I did my Michael's app, but I used it enough! My Michael's and Joanne's are right behind each other and whatever I didn't find in Michael's, I would go straight to Joanne's to pick it up. Although I mainly went in Joanne's to buy craft supplies, I can see where this app would be a real lifesaver for someone that sews a lot!

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    And just in time for Halloween costume making. This is a handy application for anyone who is planning to be crafty and make their own or their kids costumes. Since Halloween is so exciting but it is also so freaking expensive if you're buying new, saving some money on your craft goods and your fabric will help a ton! I'm planning on being a Carebear! But I need to get some supplies. I'm going to have to head into town this weekend with my new aps.

3. vrobnson

vrobnsonNew Member

Threads:

FlanneryCam, you are exactly right! Since my wedding is over, I haven't been in there lately, but I recall last year around Halloween (I planned for the wedding an entire year!), they had a lot of really easy costume ideas on display right there in the store. With the price of costumes these days, making one yourself is your best bet. Oh how I wish I could sew! (They have sewing classes so that may be my next project)

Let me know how you make out with those apps. I tell you, I always felt like I was getting away with something that I wasn't supposed to be doing after a shopping trip there. :D

4. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    This is going to be really helpful. I always go to Joanne's Fabrics to pick up scrapbooking material (they have a huge variety of themes and paper to choose from) so the app will come in handy. The JF in my town is moving to a location closer to my home so it's all the more reason to visit the place more often.

5. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I love this. Thank you for sharing this wonderful money saving tip. I love Joanne's. I'm a stamper and they have so many different items for me to make my cards as well as gifts. I will be checking into this.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the post. I was just thinking that I wanted to go look for some material to make some pillows to change the color scheme in my room. This will save me some money.

7. VilliamErlin

VilliamErlinNew Member

Threads:
    There are many type of fabrics available in markets with different quality. Here I get such great details about joanne's fabrics. Its looks so amazing and fantastic. You have done great work.

8. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    Joanne's is also really great about having sales going on constantly. I went in there a few days ago and bought my Christmas stocking for $9.99, it was normally priced $25. They also had great sales going on gift bags, 60%off. It's nice to see a store do these things before Christmas, when I actually need to buy a stocking and Christmas gift bags.

Joanne's is my go-to store anymore. I get things for cheap, which is very nice, as my main source of income is my Etsy.

9. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you! I didn't know about these aps. I will be sure to get them.