Bikes For Kids

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Waynefire • Jun 14, 2012.

1. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I know many kids like to ride bikes and really enjoy riding them. I know for me it is expensive to buy a new bike all the time for my kids. So I searched at Walmart and found a new Huffy bike for my son for forty nine dollars.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    50 bucks really isn't that bad. We tend to buy ours from yard sales so they're really cheap that way, but it also means they tend to need new tires or aired up, etc. It's worth it for us, though, considering how many bikes we've gone through over the years.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have gotten bikes from yard sales and the goodwill store for the grandchildren. This last Christmas I purchased new bikes which have mot been riden by the kids. I wish I could get my money bike. No more new bikes, only used.

4. vagabondmom

vagabondmomNew Member

Threads:
    I'm torn on this. I love how convenient it is to buy a shiny new bike. But my daughter outgrew 2 new bikes in just under 3 years. Her next bike will be from a yard sale or thrift store. I just worry that a used bike could have problems. My plan is to spend a lot of time on youtube learning about bike maintenance.

5. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I like the cheap price you are talking about. However, like many people have said you can find them really cheap at a yard sale as well. At least you used to be able to find them cheap, but I have not seen them at any yardsales by me lately.

6. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    That's a good price for a bike. You are doing your son a favor. I enjoy biking when I was a kid especially when we were still out there in the country. Now, I live in the hustle and bustle of the city and there is just no place for bikes here. You'll get smashed by a crazy driver here in no time.