Bikinis are so expensive

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by whnuien • May 4, 2014.

1. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I really love to go for swimming whenever I have a chance to go but my bikini is now so old and it would be quite embarrassing to keep using it. But to get new one I need to throw an amount of money which I can smartly organize so it's enough to buy food for a whole month. How disappointing :( it seems like there is no more bikini for me from now on.

Does anyone know if there is a website where I can purchase a cheaper bikini but with good quality?

2. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    You'll have to hunt around and try to find sites that have specials or codes. If you are going to use it a lot, and for a number of years, consider it an investment. Personally, I'm happy with cut-offs and a t-shirt LOL. If we do go to a pool that requires a suit, I have an old one I can wear.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Check your local thrift stores first. And yard sale season is here, so don't hesitate to wait a little while if you can and pick one up much cheaper at one of the sales.

You could also check Ebay, too. You'll still find name brand options if that's what you really want, but the prices will be a fraction of what the stores offer.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure which website you can buy from, does forever21 have bikinis? Ross discount stores don't sell online, but one of the last the bikinis I purchased was there. It was a pretty simple pink bikini duo, vut I did pay less than $10, and it's actually pretty good quality so I would recommend going to Ross store and checking out if they have any.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see lots of Chinese sellers selling bikinis on Ebay, so you might want to check them out. Also try dx.com, focal price.com, and buyincoins.com, they also sell cheap clothes and items of all sorts.

6. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    JCpenny is good for stuff like that, if you're looking for something just basic. Does it have to be online? I highly recommend Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross for bathing suits, but you can't order online for those. But they are super affordable. I hate how expensive bikinis are too! I am smaller on bottom and larger in the chest area, so what I do is buy cute printed bikinis at walmart (where the bottoms are fine, but the tops are super tiny and poorly-made), and then buy a pricier-bikini from somewhere with nice quality. I buy the nicer bikini in a solid color to match the prints. So then it's like you have lots of bikinis, but it's really just the same solid top with different bottoms. Yeah, it's a bit wasteful, but in the long run it works. :)

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I'd recommend Ross or Marshall's. I have seen brand name (Roxy etc.) bikinis there for about $16.99. I would also check the sale section of Victoria's Secret website, the shipping can kill the deal but I have seen some of the separates going for about $10 each, the quality isn't amazing but it will hold up for you. There's always Old Navy, I bought a bikini there a few years ago and I still have it. If you don't already I'd recommend signing up for their emails, even if only for a short while, because I get a coupon almost everyday!

8. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, agree with the above statement try ordering online on Ebay , Ebay has beautiful suit and you can pretty much find anything that you would like on there. Ebay is not expensive and you have a choice of large world wide selections.

9. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    You can definately find cheap bikinis, you just have to search for them. I find that Walmart and Target have some decent priced bikinis that may be affordable to you. If they are still a little too expensive try out Forever 21. The bikini might not last for long but will do good for this summer.

10. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I don't purchase bikinis so I can't help you with that :( I usually go shopping with my cousin and she finds some really great deals at the stores. But she usually mix and matches bikini tops and bottoms, they turn out to be a pretty neat combination though ^.^' What about sites like forever21? They have some pretty good quality and their prices are reasonable :)

11. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    have you ever tried going to a second hand shop? they usually have good things in there. and also target always have cheap super cute bikinis hope that helped :)