Bing Rewards

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ThesePretzels • Jun 2, 2016.

1. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    Last month I realized Bing had a program that pays out 25-30 cents a day that is redeemable for $5 Amazon gift cards, so I signed up and accrued enough points to redeem. Low and behold due to "technical difficulties" most non-Microsoft products are now longer currently up for redemption. Taking out of consideration this simple bait and switch maneuver, Bing Rewards has been a decent search reward experience. While I'm waiting for a possible return of the Amazon GC, if you use Microsoft points, or Xbox gold, Bing Rewards could still help save some actual cash.

All in all a decent service with serious questions on whether or not it will have Rewards worth redeeming going forward.

2. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Interesting concept. I just Googled it and found that Bing rewards is not available in my country - Canada. If it had been I definitely would give it a try. Why not get paid to search. I use

to earn points which I can cash in for Paypal gift cards.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an account, but haven't been using it as much lately. My needs have been immediate lately, so I can't waste time with search results that may or may not meet my needs. Actually, the Google search results have been disappointing lately, as well. One thing I really like about Bing is the beautiful pictures they have on their home page. Once things slow down here, I want to go back to using them as my primary search tool, and earning points again. There are other ways to earn points, and I believe the Starbucks rewards are always available, although some of the others do seem to change quite a bit.

4. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have been using this for some time now and I love it. It is not much, but it adds up and it is as simple as doing regular searches just like you would all the time. They also have some click points and quizzes that you can get, and it takes about 15 days to get five dollars, but like I said it is pretty easy. They did have an option where you could get it to PayPal money, but they have gotten ride of that, which is unfortunate. Other than that, though, it is a good service.

5. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    Yeah I actually slightly prefer Bing as a search engine, probably just because it's a change, but the page design and color scheme are more visually appealing to me. The search results themselves are only terrible once in a while I've found, only slightly worse than my usual google experience.

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, Bing Rewards isn't available for my country. I have read about it a while back though and was kind of excited to be paid while searching. I do lots of research for the type of work that I have. But since it isn't available for my country, I wasn't able to avail of the rewards. I also use Google as my main search engine which has sufficed for a while. But due to the review in this thread about Bing, I might try it as well even if there will be no rewards for me.

Anyway, it's such a shame that the rewards you can redeem were halted though. Amazon has quite a huge database of items you can buy so that's a big disadvantage. I guess for gamers, Bing Rewards redeemable cards can have some merit. But for people who love buying from Amazon, then that's a downside. I'm curious, can you even sell these gift cards though? If you don't use them, then at least you can earn something from them. Or are these cards illegal to sell?

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's so sad when you couldn't get your rewards from bing.com. I signed up on the search and get a point for your searches then you accumulate 500 and you can get rewards or donate your points. I already got more than $10 already in amazon gift cards. Sometime bing has specials where you can get more for less points too.

8. MissLibby

MissLibbyMember

Threads:
    I search on Bing too and have cashed out three or four Amazon gift cards so far. I hope they haven't discontinued the Amazon gift cards because that's the main reason I use Bing for my searches, but I do enjoy doing the coffee break quiz. I used the gift cards that I had accumulated on Bing to help pay for my Amazon Fire. The other rewards I'm really not interested in, such as the XBox and Skype ones. I absolutely won't do the sweepstakes because that's like throwing your points out the window.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a shame. It seems that Bing Rewards isn't available in my country as well. Although this is the first time I'm hearing about Bing Rewards, since I have a Hotmail/MS Outlook account, I thought it would come in handy. However, it looks like I'll just have to settle for something else given the fact that this promo isn't available for all nationalities.

10. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have known about Bing Rewards for quite some time now and its an attractive initiative. Bing is a nifty search engine and I like its speed. The problem is that its not available in many countries. Some search results also lack in depth when compared to Google. There are many people who use Bing's mobile version without earnings so I guess it will outflank Google at some point in future.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to remember to use Bing for my searches, but google search pops up faster. I thing Bing is fine to use as a search engine. It is one of the things that I can find and use when I am looking for points. I have never cashed out for a reward. They seemed to have changed their cash out or redemption threshold from what I can see though. That is a little disappointing. I agree with Diane Lane though, I enjoy the Bing pictures also.

12. HappyShopper83

HappyShopper83New Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing as I'd never heard of Bing rewards. :)