Bing Travel?

Discussion in Travel started by nms1234 • Aug 4, 2012.

1. nms1234

nms1234New Member

Threads:
    Anyone ever used Bing travel? When searching airline prices between major cities, it lets you know if its is the best time to buy or if the prices are likely to go down and you should wait. Its quite helpful when you are planning a trip in advance. You need to recheck every so often but saving $$ is worth it.

2. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I appreciate the information. However, it's been my experience that, based on the details of your itinerary, prices between competing websites tend to be around the same. I've noticed that for rooms I wanted to book on certain days (whenever it is - not important), that most of the prices are within a few dollars of each other. Sure one room may be a dollar or two cheaper than the next, but the savings isn't worth the hassle of re-checking prices every 12 hours or so.

I have not used Bing travel, so maybe you can teach me something new. Is there a time when you've planned a trip, and you were able to find a room/hotel/plane at a significantly lower price than all of the rest? Let me know and I may give Bing a try.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't used Bing Travel, but I do recommend Google travel. It let's you see how prices fluctuate within a whole month.

4. nms1234

nms1234New Member

Threads:
    I think maybe I didn't explain the Bing travel well. I totally agree with you niceness8000, I also have not found a travel website that gives significantly better savings than another. The benefit of Bing travel (and from the looks of it Google travel) is that it tells you if now is the best time to buy your ticket or if you should wait. For instance, I was planning a trip earlier this year in June. When I checked airfare prices in March, Bing Travel indicated that there was a 70% chance that prices for that flight were going to go down if I waited to buy. So I waited, checked again in a few weeks, and sure enough the prices had gone down. Now, of course, when the price fluctuates it fluctuates everywhere not just on Bing travel so at that point you could purchase from anywhere. Its benefit is its predictive tool, not that Bing is cheaper than other sites. Sorry if that wasn't clear.