Birch Box

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Rosyrain • Aug 26, 2016.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I just signed up for and got my first Birch Box in the mail. I was quite impressed with the products I received and think that it is well worth the $10 a month. I was a little skeptical at first and thought I was going to get cheap crappie products, but they seem to be good brands. What do you all think about Birch Box?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I signed up for Birchbox for around 6 months, only in 2012-2013. The upside is, it’s very affordable. However, you don’t get all that much, and sometimes what you get is by brands you’ve never heard before and things you wouldn’t use or buy yourself. So my rationale for this was – If I wouldn’t buy it myself, why keep paying to get it in a box?

Granted, sometimes Birchbox will send you some really nice stuff, but most times, the majority of products are not so good. So I’d rather use that money for things I really want.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    The first box I got had some nice things in it, and I signed up to receive more beauty aids than make up items. I could see how I might start to get more makeup items than I would need. The only thing I did not like was the coconut scented hairspray I received. I think it is just fun to get a surprise in the mail.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of Birch Box..I will have to check it out. If it is only 10.00 per month total, I could probably do it. I definetly cold use some beauty products, especially if they are affordable. I like the whole sound of it too. Birch Box is kind of a neat name. It is easy to remember and you can actually pay 10.00 for beauty product.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of Birch Box before either, @Rosyrain@Rosyrain . I am going to check it out also, and see what it does and how it works. I remember , many years ago, they used to have beauty clubs that would send you a package with new makeup products in it. I think it came every 2-3 months and cost about $10. There was not a lot in it; but it was always fun to get the package and trying out the new products, and some of them, I really liked.
    They gave you an information sheet to fill out that showed your hair color, complexion, and what colors you preferred for things like lipstick and fingernail polish. It was a lot of fun, and I have often wondered if there was still something similar going nowdays.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a Birchbox subscription for 6 months via a Groupon 50% of offer so that was good value for me. I have the UK version, but I hear and read that the US version is much better value.

I have written several reviews on the boxes and the service on my own website, and the quality and value can vary each month. It is very hit and miss and about 60% of items I won't use. As I did have 50% off it wasn't too bad, plus you get points for each review that can be exchanged for goods on the online store or part payment.

7. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    I looked up the Birch Box, after reading @Rosyrain@Rosyrain 's post , and I did sign up for a box to see how well I like it. It looks like I can cancel at any time if it turns out not to be something that I am interested in continuing on with after I try it.
    It does look really similar to the old beauty club that I belonged to many years ago, and I am happy to know that they still do something like this, and even the price seems reasonable. I am signed up for the September box; so it should not be too long and I will have my very first one arriving.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Happyflowerlady@Happyflowerlady I hope you found a deal when you signed up? They are always offering discount codes for a first box or a free gift with a new subscription. You must tell me about it when you get it and give me your feedback.

There are so many other boxes available, and the Target ones look good too at $7, and they sell out fast.

9. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    I didn't see any kind of a deal, @Theo@Theo ; but I didn't search for one either. I didn't even think to do that. I just went to the Birch Box webpage and signed up. Oh well, next time I will look first.
    Where do you usually look for the discounts on things like this ?
    I didn't even know that Target did something like that at all. They are very unpopular over here right now, and most people have boycotted the Target Stores here. I didn't ever shop there anyway, at least not very often; so they were already not getting my business.
    They don't have a very good selection of items, more like an expanded dollar store, and the things they do have are the same as Walmart carries; except they charge a lot more for the same item at Target.
    The only good thing is that you can always find a close parking spot because the lot is usually almost empty.

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Happyflowerlady@Happyflowerlady there are quite a few places to find discount codes, and referral codes where you can get bonus free boxes, or 50% off the first box. Maybe I'll write an article on it, but in the US the competition is hot, and there are many boxes to choose from.

Usually around Black Friday they have some great offers to get people to sign up, and also Christmas boxes because they want people to give them as gift subscriptions.

11. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    This is something that I have not learned very much about, yet, @Theo@Theo ; so I would be really grateful if you will start a thread about getting these discounts on items. I just recently learned about getting the Amazon discount codes, and I am loving that; so if I can also get other discounts, that will be even better. Please link me into the thread when you write about it; so I do not miss it ! !