Birkenstocks?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Serena • Nov 19, 2014.

1. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    What are your thoughts on Birkenstocks? Do you like them or do you think they are old fashioned? One point that sticks out to me with these shoes is that they last a very long time and they are very comfortable. The only downside that I can see is that they are very expensive. Well, at least here in my country they are.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are very trendy Birkenstocks available now in all colors and a a variety of finishes and styles. I have a few pairs and they aren't cheap, but you can find them on sale at times. I get mine when a catalog offers 20% off a first purchase and I use a cashback site as well. They do last a long time and aren't seen as old fashioned, but more high quality and trendy.

3. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I like Birkenstocks. Their sandals are very comfortable and they have a lot of cute styles now. They are more expensive than your typical sandal, but I think of it as an investment since one pair of sandals will last a very long time. I bought my first pair on QVC when they were the special of the day. I always wait until they are on sale or I have a discount code.

4. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad to see that there are others who truly love these sandals. I got my first pair last year in December, during a holiday sale. This is usually when they go on sale here. They were still pretty expensive, but I am happy about the purchase. I can see that they will last me for years. I hope to get a new pair soon. I have only had one other pair of shoes that lasted me for 20 years. So, I am excited about these ones as well. I really like the designs that Birkenstock puts on the children's sandals. Honestly, I wish they did the same for the adult sandals as well. I like the ones with the lion on them. I don't think that Birkenstocks are old fashioned, but I have heard this comment many times. I am glad to see that others think that they are stylish, like me!

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I have yet to see any of the new styles of Birkenstocks. I guess I'll have to Google. Outside of that, I wouldn't wear them as part of my comfort is being able to look down at my shoes and not be horrified by the ugly some of these shoes are known for.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I think they are cute, but that is also because I grew up in the 90s and I was around them all of the time. I also had a pair and wore them out! They are not all the comfy, but they are wide and I have wide feet. They were perfect for just slipping on and getting outside.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never got to own one, but when I was in grade school, it was quite popular, and people wore socks underneath it as well, hehe. Right now though, I'm leaning toward flip-flops and sandals when I go out, but not Birks though.

8. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought anything from here so I don't know much about them but here is a link to a store that sells them at a pretty decent price

I like Birkenstock. They are pretty comfortable, my problem with them is they are all either thong or open toe which is two things I do not wear. I have yet to find a pair that is closed toed. If they had those, I'd buy them.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think they are very durable and dependable, but I personally hate the way they look. I wouldn't say it's because I think they are old fashioned, either because even back in their heyday I still disliked their designs. I think they have good use for some activities though especially ones that require you to be a bit more rugged, but apart from that I can't say I would use them for daily life.