Bitcoin Payments Accepted In Shops

Discussion in Payment Methods started by overcast • Nov 15, 2017.

1. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I heard that some of the US and Canada stores are now accepting the cryptocoins. And that means some of them are now accepting the bitcoins. This looks like a good option for many business who want to make some serious money. As that acceptance of cryptocoin over period of time can bring more money. I wonder how many shops are ready for it. And how many countries are allowing this.

Does your country or region has some online or offline bitcoin accepting shops?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think Bitcoin is accepted for payment in any stores around here as far as I know, but then again I don't know everything. It may just be a matter of time, since I know some stores do accept payments like square and circle, so Bitcoin may not be far behind.

3. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Well for offline stores i don't think there is one that accepts bitcoin as a payment processor but there are few online you can check out.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    What an excellent news! Evolution has to start somewhere, doesn't it? ;)

Unfortunately, I think this will still take some time to happen here in my country (which is usually resistant to these types of financial changes).

5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    In my home country, there are few people who understand about bitcoin, mostly those who work online or have online business. The central bank of the country is yet to make official statement about cryptocurrency. Buying and selling bitcoin is not legally available. Therefore, there are no ways to spend bitcoins here.

6. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    In Africa, I think this may take a while before cryptocurrency is adopted as a payment method. We usually just take our time this side to see how things progresses before we make a move.

7. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    For now, Nigeria is still trying to grasp the essence of bitcoin, most people before now aren't interested in it or want to have anything to do with it. It's recently that people started investing in bitcoin.

In terms of online shops accepting bitcoins as means of payment for goods and products, we are yet to reach that level. It's just on cash/money basis but I definitely believe that in no distant time, bitcoins would be accepted as a means of payment in online shopping.

8. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    This is also the case with my country. There is no official statement on bitcoin. If I want to use bitcoins, I will have to convert to the local currency by selling to the crypto exchangers.

9. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    There are no online or offline shops in my country that accepts bit coins. There are local sites that trade bit coins. It means I can only buy then sell them in future but not use in shops.

I think no one trusts the crypto coins for now. Only few members have decided to try it. :)

10. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    That people don't trust in it doesn't mean it's not actually in existence and a lot making millions from it, those that took a leap of faith with it when it was introduced. I actually know a few that have become millionaires from investing in bitcoins.

There has been increasing awareness created here in Nigeria about bitcoin, and I believe that in no distant time, many people are going to be investing in it.

11. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @luri@luri At least you are dealing with bitcoin in a way, some people haven't even dare to buy $1 worth of bitcoin for the fear of doing a bad investment, but they are so wrong. Don't fret it, sooner or later, I believe there will be official statements on bitcoins in your state, and you will be enjoying every bit of investment you made on it.

12. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I am still quite new to bitcoin. Though I have read some local blogs talking about bitcoins and the future of bitcoins in my country, and there are seminars too, I have not find any shops whether online or offline accepting bitcoins. At first I thought there is a local hosting company accepting bitcoins, but it seems like they only accept bitcoins from US customers, but not local. I hope there will be more shops, even online shops, accepting bitcoins as payment, just like how PayPal does, then it will be more convenient for us.

13. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    In my country which is the Philippines, I think cryptocurrencies are not yet available for payment options in offline/physical stores. I think this is because not many people use this kind of payment method when buying stuffs or items offline.

14. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    In my country already some services accept bitcoin payments, but it's still not very common. Also, buying with bitcoin lately has become crazy because of the fees, so I would advise paying with another crypto or even money until the fees come down again.

15. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    It's what I believe that should be expected because of the worth of bitcoin which is growing rapidly on daily basis. This is why it's getting difficult to buy as a result of cost involved. Also, I think it's the reason why there are other cryptocurrency in existence today to rival bitcoin, but still bitcoin is well first rated over all of them.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are certain companies in certain countries who accept Bitcoin option as payment. Last time I heard that real estate agencies were accepting Bitcoin as payment from buyers in Australia which cause a sudden upward hike to different crypto currencies. I am very much sure more and more companies including fast moving consumer products would start accepting virtual currencies.

17. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    And we are not just talking about Bitcoin, many services these days are already accepting other cryptos, so we are seeing a big revolution. At the end of the day, it's just about what's more profitable for people and business owners.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Not only offline stores but online companies like Amazon has its own plans to accept Bitcoin as a payment method and if it happens in real then the entire scenario will change at a very brisk pace. Maybe crypto currencies will be doing their best and the current currencies will be in for a tough competition. However, this all is speculation but if materialized will change the financial world.