Bitcoins anyone?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by hanzuke50 • Apr 20, 2012.

1. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    I know it's not the newest craze, but has anyone heard of bitcoins?

In a nutshell, Bitcoin is an online currency developed by someone whose name I can't recall. It functions on the same P2P principles and technology that powers torrents so it's generally uninflatable, from what I've read, as you can simply "print" more bitcoins.

I've recently "mined" a few bitcoins (tip: google "bitcoin mining") and are wondering if there are a lot of other sites that accept them? I know a few, but can't seem to find anymore.

Has anyone had any experience with bitcoins?

2. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I have even seen mention of bit coins prior to this site when I was doing research for an article on iWriter. Have you tried using google to find other places that accept bitcoins? I have very little knowledge about them, but I have read that you can earn them for free and concern them into real money so to speak. Do you earn yours for free? Are they beneficial to look into more?

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I have heard of bitcoins. I do not know much about it, however. As yet, I do not know of any sites that take them as payment...but that will probably change in time. It could be revolutionary...or fall flat. Right now, I do not know but I will be looking more into it.

Will report back once I know more. Interesting thread. Happy mining. (-:

4. Zamora91

Zamora91Member

Threads:
    I really don't see BitCoins becoming real currency. No one will really want to trust in something not backed by gold as currency, but I guess you can say the same about the US dollar.

5. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    I've tried to mine for coins before and failed because my PC is just simply too slow. But from what I read Bitcoin is really starting to get out there and is becoming a more widely accepted payment method across the internet. Happy Mining my friend! :)

6. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    I believe there's some places where you can sell Bitcoins:

I've actually heard of some people renting a server to mine bitcoins as the sale rate is pretty high.

7. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've heard it's the currency used in the "deep web" mostly... sounds interesting!

8. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    Yes I have heard about them though I have never earned one lol. Here's an interesting development related to bitcoins, soon there will be a bitcoin debit card. Here's the news source

I think debit card would be a great option considering that people are always looking for ways to encash their bitcoin money or buy something from it. I would start accepting bitcoin as payment from my sites once the debit card becomes a reality.

9. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of Bitcoins, I just learned something new. I wonder how popular this will become in the near future it does seem very interesting.