Black Friday 2014

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Nov 14, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't live in the US so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to participate in the. Black Friday deals, though it have watched this holiday pass me by for years and I always envied the people getting big discounts on some choice items that even I like. This year I'm determined to get at least a few items by getting my friends in the US to shop for me online and sending me a care package, but I'm clueless as to what products are the best to get during this period.

What do you guys plan on getting on this year's Black Friday? Do you think online sales are just as good during this time or is it still much better to go to physical stores instead?

2. jdroc

jdrocNew Member

Threads:
    I should you a blog post about this. The black friday sales at a physical store can be a big waste of time. People due it out of tradition, but you don't have to wait in line. Last year, my girlfriend stood in line to get a hot go-cart. I told her it was on ebay for the same price. Guess what? The seller on ebay was none other than Toys-R-Us. So no, you don't have to stand in line. Just do good research and you'll be okay.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I'd go with online sales as well, they are much more convenient, and safer. Bear in mind that people do die every year during Black Friday due to uncontrolled crowds. You can take your time searching for bargain deals in the comfort of your own home and have them delivered to your doorstep. Personally I think that the slightly higher price you might have to pay is more than worthwhile, and usually the discounts are already substantial enough on Black Friday.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I will be looking online, but I don't plan to be spending money in stores. I don't like the crowds, I don't think the deals are worth it. At the end of the day I have so little money to be able to spend I doubt there will be anything I can buy except online anyway. I need to take advantage of free shipping so I can send the order to my family directly and not have to ship it myself. My mom will be wrapping the gifts for everyone instead of me because I can't afford to do it this year.

5. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    Honestly, I used to participate in Black Friday. Let me tell you, it isn't worth it. It sucks because there is a really good deal on a 50 inch tv at walmart for only 288 dollars. The catch is that usually those people who got that tv will have issues with it within the year. It always happens. I am going to try to online deals this year because I am curious to see if it is better. I would rather sit at hoe with family then be out and about. I don't think you should go out. You can find almost the same deals online. They will think that you went to black friday too.

6. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I am one of those people that participates in Black Friday out of tradition. We've been going for years. I don't shop for any major items on that day though. I might pick up a few little items like clothes and movies. I do the main purchases online. There are much better deals online and they are not necessarily on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.