Black Friday Or Cyber Monday?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by prose • Oct 16, 2015.

1. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    We are only a little over a month away from the busiest shopping weekend of the year, Thanksgiving weekend! I have always loved going through the Black Friday advertisements, making my lists, and waking up early on my day off from work to hit the sales. I usually go for a few specific items on my list, and I am not out all day. However, I see the value in Cyber Monday, Internet shopping the Monday following Black Friday. Shopping in your pajamas online in the comfort of your home, why not? I have never participated on Cyber Monday shopping, so I am not sure which would be a better deal.

For those of you who have experienced both Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, which do you think is a better deal? How successful have you been in obtaining the items on your gift list with either Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Do you get the deals before they run out?

2. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    I am looking forward to Black Friday. I love the deals and this is when I get a lot of my Christmas shopping done. I've never tried the Cyber Monday but I will try to check it out this year and see what it is all about.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had luck with Cyber Monday at amazon.com for they ran it for a week last year and I got all that I wanted at great prices too. I don't have much luck with Black Friday's at all. Locally on island of Oahu, we have Black Fridays and many camp out especially at electronic stores. I don't do that for I'm too old for such things I believe. One thing I love about Cyber Monday at amazon.com is the free shipping when you spend $35, but it's with items that state free shipping. Can't wait for this year's Cyber Monday! :p

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't have a Thanksgiving sale here but normally the first day of November is reserved for a clear out sale in preparation for the Christmas decorations. That means old items that are regular (not for occasions) will be cleared and new items will replace it intended for Christmas shopping on the next day. It is a good shopping day because of the great discounts. I'm not sure if there is a thing like that in online shops here.

5. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer Cyber Monday simply because I can avoid the craziness of Black Friday. During Cyber Monday I get great deals without all the hassle.

6. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I don't shop on Black Friday. To me, the crowds and craziness outweigh the potential for deals. I do sometimes wait until Cyber Monday to buy things I had been planning to buy anyway. My daughter knows I only spend X amount on Christmas stuff and she gets to pick what she wants so she likes to look at the cyber monday stuff to get the most possible.

7. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I have never done cyber Monday before. I have done black Friday years ago. I have heard that you save more on cyber Monday than black Friday but I'm not sure. This has to be the craziest consumer holiday. It's the only time of the year when people are happy to part with their money.

8. JoyF

JoyFNew Member

Threads:
    Cyber Monday .. xoxo.. I've great lucks with this day.

9. MyPoesies

MyPoesiesMember

Threads:
    I've never been apart of Black Friday or Cyber Monday lol. I've heard of HORROR stories about Black Friday shopping though. Maybe that's because I'm from the south and we're crazy about getting good deals. :D I'm actually planning on participating in Black Friday this year just so I can see what kind of craziness goes on. I've heard of people taking stuff out of other's hands and heard stuff as bad as people breaking into fights. And I think it'd be fun to stay up late at night and wait for the store to first open up the sales. Cyber Monday sounds really fun also and you don't have to deal with the people.

10. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid Black Friday like the plague. I'm interested in the deals, but every year there's the same consumer madness that winds up killing a few people in the pursuit of bargains. Nooooo thanks. I'd rather just keep my eye on products I want throughout the year and wait for normal sales, rather than buying something simply because it happens to be on sale on a particular day.