Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by vida_llevares • Dec 2, 2012.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Did Cyber Monday already replace Black Friday?

2. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I think that I like cyber Monday, they have basically the same deals as Black Friday. I went to black Friday this year and boy was it a bunch of chaos, people were really fighting over towels and cell phones. I rather stay home and shop online because you really can't get the things you want because before you can get it people are like animals and take everything. And then they only have a certain number amount of things.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Cyber Monday because I don't like the crowded malls. Shopping online is so much easier. Plus Black Friday deals are available online too. When I was younger I looked forward shopping in the malls after Thanksgiving. People are bit crazy nowadays so I prefer shopping in front of my computer unless I'm buying clothes.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I actually found better (yet less) online deals during Black Friday than I did during Cyber Monday. Many online stores have online promotions during both dates. We don't have the Black Friday tradition here, so to me, as long as there are good online deals available, I'm fine with either!

5. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I actually found one of the best deals online on Thanksgiving Day. I think there's pros to shopping both ways. I prefer online because it saves a trip to the store, but there are certain things I like to see before I buy.

6. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on what's being slashed though. Sometimes on cyber Monday or Black Friday, the items being discounted are stuff that you don't want, already have, or can't use. So in the end, it ends up being a big waste of time. And you wind up spending more than you wanted during the holidays anyways.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Honestly, I think Cyber Monday sort of replace itself back with Black Friday. It seemed like this year that all the online deals started happening on Black Friday anyway. By the time Monday rolled around, most of the deals were either already over, or they had been going all weekend anyway and weren't anything special.

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    For me it has!! It's so much easier and less stressful. Generally speaking, I do enjoy shopping. However I don't enjoy crowds of stampeding, caffeinated, camping-out-all-night for a nice price on a toaster whackadoodles :p. I'd much rather stay safe and comfortable at home and browse through my cyber deals. Plus, many places offer black friday deals online, as well. Or cyber-week, so there are more than a few opportunities to get the deals you're hoping for.

9. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    In America in general, it hasn't. I worked Black Friday this year and it was an absolute madhouse, people everywhere, after being there for hours. I've only ever shopped Black Friday, but Cyber Monday seems like such a better alternative.

10. alreenaw

alreenawMember

Threads:
    I'm not sure if Cyber Monday replaced Black Friday, but it seems that more people enjoy shopping online instead of in store. It is much less of a hassle and you don't have to fight the crowds. I did find that some of the sales on Cyber Monday were actually better than the sales on Black Friday.

11. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Online shopping is much more easier. Cyber Monday becomes more popular.

#11Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  12. assassinscreed3

assassinscreed3New Member

Threads:
    Black Friday and Cyber Monday :-The great Data Dump

13. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    For me, it has. I have never gone out much on black Friday as it has always been too hectic, and I just don't see the worth in standing in line for 5 hours. I usually just go after the rush and see if I can snag any hidden gems. But, cyber Monday i do a lot of shopping as they have comparable deals and it is much faster and more convenient, which is all good for me :D.

14. Shamarv8

Shamarv8Member

Threads:
    I think it will be quite a few years before Cyber Monday replaces Black Friday as the major "shoppers holiday", and honestly that's a good thing. While Cyber Monday does tend to have good deals, Cyber Monday becoming bigger than Black Friday would be a major sign that our society has become too sedentary.

15. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    No def. not. I think Black Friday is still better as I get to get out of the house and stay up for one night and shop like many other families and people do. For Cyber Monday, I think many people do do it but I feel like it's only for people who cannot get off work or are working that time and for those who are lazy. Just my opinion.

16. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I can only speak for myself on this. But I've found black Friday always had better deals that Cyber Monday. Cyber Monday always had good deals but they never seemed as good as black Friday's deals.

17. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I too would like Cyber Monday, because it is easier for me. I love shopping online, and I can't really see myself going to Black Friday and shopping in those crowded environments. Although for some people Black Friday is a much better option, because it can sometimes be more convenient.

18. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    There is no comparison for me. I would much rather do my shopping on Cyber Monday from the comfort of my own home. No amount of savings could pull me into the Black Friday madness. I don't care what it is-even if it is free. Black Friday is a sad reflection of how greedy and material our society has become. What really makes me sad is to see the all out fights that break out in stores. It seems to happen every year and it makes me cringe. I just don't get it.

19. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    I prefer cyber Monday over Black Friday. You don't have to deal with all the crazy people and can stay at home. Online shopping is way easier and has more options. The only downfall would be if the server got over crowded.

20. blackbagel

blackbagelMember

Threads:
    I find it that they are relativity the sale. There are better deals for electronics on cyber monday but like not much for anything else. Black friday also has way too much people so I never go out on Black Friday so I don't really know the deals they have in the store though.