Blender - 3d Molding Software

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Jason76 • Nov 13, 2016.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone played around with Blender? The learning curve is quite high to use it, but I'm sure the effort to learn would be worth the time. Does anyone think it could be better or on an equal standing with zBrush, another 3D modeling software?

By the way, Blender is totally free, but zBrush is premium with a free trial.

2. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    I have been using Blender for more than 3 years. It's enough for simple 3D modeling. The community had grown large. There are many online tutorials and many third-party plugin that helps modeling easier. Also Blender is easy to learn. So there's no reason to get an expensive software.
    Only use ZBrush if you're an expert and need to use advanced features.

3. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    Yeah I have used Blender for a school project we had back in middle school. I had no experience with Blender whatsoever and I had to learn it and make the project in 3 days with my friend. It was a short animation for eating healthy for a special event we had in school and Blender was really easy to use and learn. The fact that it is free makes it easy for everyone to download it and learn it so they can see if they want to continue making animations. Most of the paid software are usually better but they are for more advanced users, so if you want to see what it's like making animation I would totally recommend using Blender so you could save up some money.

4. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have interest in 3D modeling programs, however, I have never tried learning any 3 D modeling software. I know about Blender, which is open source 3 D modeling software. I don't know how it compares with paid softwares such as Maya, 3D Max etc.