Blendtec Blender

Discussion in Product Reviews started by JaydonTyler • May 18, 2014.

1. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    The Blendtec blender on Onnit.com is amazing. It's powerful enough to blend an iPhone. There are youtube videos of people doing that. No joke. The price is $454.95 for a reason. It's the last blender you would ever need. It's built to last and that's an understatement.

Only took a few days to arrive. Not bad at all. I use it to make kale shakes. I'm a healthy guy what can I say?

From making great tasting smoothies, to blending your iPad or phone - the Blendtec blender does it all.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Wow the price! But I can understand why it is so expensive :) I'd definitely get one if I had the money and have it to last for years because I'm kind of tired getting the same kind of blenders that last less than a year. You see, I cook at home and use a blender for a lot of things so having the best blender is a happiness.

No extra money for that at the moment but it will be on the list!

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard good things about it as well, and it seems to be a direct competitor to the Vitamix. Although Vitamix is manufactured in my neck of the woods (Cleveland, Ohio), I like the lower profile design of the Blendtec, which fits under cabinets a little more easily. I've heard that you can get good deals on refurbished models, and save a lot of money in the process - both companies offer them. In addition, even though the model is refurbished, they still replace some of the parts with brand new parts before reselling them.

The units are a bit noisey from what I've been told, but I believe Vita-mix also sells a more quiet "Stealth" model, which is even more expensive at $1,500.

4. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    It has cool features such as the perfect blend mode where the blender actually slows down to let the mixture settle and then speeds back up again. So you get a perfectly blended smoothie.

Yes the price is quite high, but the quality matches the price. If it's in your price range its a great product. If the price is too high, then look away. Having a great blender is not worth spending more then you can afford.

5. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I have no blender as of right now. The 40$ one I had was dead after a year...
    And I really need one. But this is way off my budget. Must be cool though...
    Would actually blend some phones just for the fun of it :p

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think they sound like a great blender, but it is definitely way out of my price range, too ! Years ago, I used to have a Vita-mix blender, and it was awesome. I loved that blender and had it for many years, until I had to sell it when I was making a cross-country move and had to get rid of about everything. I would love to have even a used Vitamix again.
    Now, i have a Ninja blender, and I really like it. It works as both a blender and also as a food processor, so I use it for making cole slaw and chopping veggies for soups and stews, as well as making green smoothies with it.

7. Spowys

SpowysMember

Threads:
    I saw the videos for this thing and thought it was a joke, but it's excellent. It really will blend anything, and with ease. I imagine this quality is what people are referring to when they say "they don't make things like they used to!" I use it mainly for smoothies.

8. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I actually do not have one of these, but heard great things. Mainly through reviews. I actually wrote an article for someone about Blendtec vs. Vitamix a month or two back which is why I am familiar with this brand. After doing extensive research I found they are good blenders, though I do not want to spend that much on one. Glad you enjoy it though!