Blu-ray or Blu-ray DVD combo

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by MrsJones • Dec 28, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    When I'm shopping for movies I find myself debating on whether to just get the Blu-ray or get the Blu-ray DVD combination. Why should I buy the combination? My Blu-ray player plays them both. I always get the combination though because I still have a DVD player and if something goes wrong with my Blu-ray player I can still watch the movie on the DVD. A practical reason the case is the same size so it wouldn't be taking up anymore space than the Blu-ray.

What is your preference?

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, I would go for the Blu-ray combo, because as you wrote above, one can never know when either player format with stop working and the fact that one will have both types of movie formats lying about in your home or that you wish to purchase. I remember when I had to make a similar choice back ten years ago between a VCD/DVD/CD combo or buy them all separately, and I simply chose the combo because it saved me a lot of money.

Furthermore, if you have a DVD player at home already, I would go with Blu-ray player only because sometimes the combo devices break down easier than the single players from various reasons, then again this can happen to the single disc player too. Ultimately, it's up to you, I can only give my advice from my own experiences.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think I'd much rather just go for the Bluray since I don't think having a backup of every disc is too practical. If my player breaks then I'd probably just buy a new player instead since I will most likely do so eventually because I already have a collection for it. If one disc breaks then I'd just get a new one. If it were me I'd just sell the DVD player unless I really like the quality of it which I actually do.