Blue Cross Blue Shield is the only company that regularly makes me mad!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by S.O. Price • Jun 10, 2012.

1. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    BCBS gets me really steamed sometimes! I use them for my medical insurance although after this last stunt they pulled, I will be looking around for other companies.

I have my monthly premiums automatically deducted from my checking account. I did get a letter from BCBS stating that my premiums were going up, although they did not specify a specific amount at all. My premiums have gone up before, usually only about $15 so I wasn't worried about it.

So I happened to be looking at my checking account a few weeks ago and saw that BCBS jumped my premiums by about $75! It was one of those rare times when my checking account money was a little tight (which is why I was looking at my account in the 1st place) so I was really thankful that I had checked it. As it turned out, I did have enough money to cover their extra withdrawal and I didn't have any other checks bounce.

I started to think about this and I have many companies who are permitted to withdraw money from my checking account every month. EVERY OTHER COMPANY ALWAYS tells me in advance if they are going to increase the amount of money they will be withdrawing from my account. Since BCBS sent me a letter telling me that an increase was on the way, WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST TELL ME IN THE LETTER exactly how much more they were going to take out? I'm sure they knew how much it was going to be....

I interact with many, many companies and if I ever had a problem, 9x out of 10, the problem stems from BCBS. They should not be allowed to take money from checking or savings accounts without telling customers in advance how much they will be withdrawing. I'm surprised it is legal for them to do so.

I got an address for their complaint department and they will be hearing from me. Thanks for listening!

2. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I had the same issue with them before I changed to Assurant Health. I had the plan for one year with BCBS and the rates for my plan went up from 220 a month for a nice plan, to over 500 bucks. The worst part was I had only went to the doctor once in the time and they said it was because I seen the doctor. Duh, isn't that what the insurance is supposed to be for?!

3. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I find talking to any insurance company is upsetting. I know I have tried to talk to my insurer before and after spending two hours on hold, and getting transferred I find out they sent me to the wrong department. This happens to me on a regular basis!

4. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Insurance companies really are horrible aren't they? They go on and on about how we as customers should be vigilant about making sure we keep an eye out for fraud and report it to them because that can "keep health costs" down..blah, blah. If they would stop spending so much money making their systems so complicated so that no one can ever get good service, THAT would save them a lot of money. Don't they realize the more layers of complexity there are, it only leads to more expense?

Thanks for the tip about Assurant Health. I will be looking at them. If they are better, they will definitely be getting my money.

5. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    The system is overly complicated because of the rampant fraud they aren't just blowing smoke up your tailpipe. I used to do part-time with Aflac and fraud was rampant even though Aflac is one of the best insurance companies around.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had BCBS for several years now. They used to be pretty good but it sure sounds like they are not like they used to be. That is a substantial increase in your monthly premium. I don't let any company automatically take money from my account. I use the bank's online bill pay to take care of paying the bills.