Bluetooth Headsets? Do They Sound Good For Music?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by deathbyprayer • Jan 21, 2015.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I've never tried using bluetooth headsets/earphones before and mostly because I don't listen to music on my phone and I tend to take phone calls the old fashioned way. I was planning on purchasing one for the sole reason of getting rid of the wires but I'm wondering if they would be a great choice for music? I've heared they're only good for taking phone calls.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Untrue. If you buy an actual Bluetooth headset that's designed for calls only, of course the sound quality for music is going to be terrible. Bluetooth headphones designed for music actually sound great, but you'll have to shell out $100+ to get a decent pair. The cheaper options aren't worth it, and you'll be dealing with poor sound and echoing music most of the time.

If you can spend the money, you'll hear high quality audio.

3. deathbyprayer

Threads:
    $100? Wow. I mean I can get on with that I've bought worse. So what brand would you recommend? I've checked on Senheiser and apparently they don't have it, at least from where I live.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, years ago, I bought some Bluetooth headphones that were most likely designed for phone use first, but they were amazing for music. I still have them and would use them more often if my main music player had Bluetooth. I don't really play music on my phone, I prefer keeping it all separate.

Check out the brand RocketFish, I doubt if they've gone down that much in quality.

5. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    Totally agree with you on this. In the past (before the concept of bluetooth as we know even existed) I tried the traditional wireless headsets, they worked with analog radio waves. Their sound was easily distorted to tell the truth.

With the new wireless digital models, the distortion is basically non-existent and equipment quality is as good or bad when compared with any other wired set.

The bandwidth required to transfer audio in a great quality is much lower than the one required for transferring video in high definition (modern standards), so you should not worry in this regard. Focus on your headset's specifications and worry less about the wireless technology used to replace the cables.

6. deathbyprayer

Threads:
    RocketFish? I've never heard of them before, I'll go check them out. Thanks a lot.