Boat Shoes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by tweety23 • Mar 3, 2013.

1. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    What do you guys think about boat shoes? I personally love them. They are very fashionable even though they can be pretty expensive. I also love the creative designs of the shoes and I feel like the ones that I currently own showcase my personality pretty accurately.

If you don't know what boat shoes are feel free to check out this link:

#1Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    To me, those look just like old school Keds. Why would they be expensive?

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I believe those are old school shoes such as a loafer. I don't like those for myself and wouldn't buy that for myself but back in the day girls wore those shoes like on American Bandstand, I believe. Not my style I'm afraid, they are ugly and way out of style.

4. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    I suppose it's the material used to make them that makes the shoes so expensive.

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'd wear them, sure, but there's no way I'd spend a hundred dollars on the cheap shoes my mother used to buy us when we were kids.

6. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I personally adore boat shoes. I have actually recommended them to every single male that I know. I think that they just have such an effortless yet classic look to them
    that every male should own them. They will add to any outfit and now they will be perfect for the spring and summer months. They also come in many different colors so I personally think that you can't
    go wrong with owning a pair!

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not fond of boat shoes, I don't really like the silhouette. I do see lots of people wearing them, even more reason not to buy a pair. I like to buy clothes I actually like and not just follow the trends.

Sperry Topsider is a decent brand if you are on a budget though.

8. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    Young guys look OK in them but I really don't like seeing older men wearing them especially if they have on 3/4 length shorts with them......and their shirt tucked in tight!! I'm sure boat shoes must be so much more comfortable in summer than lace-ups though.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    That's more or less what I think, too. I don't like them at all. I find them ugly, outdated, and not even comfortable when I've tried on someone else's pair. No thanks.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm also not into them. They aren't my style. I can't believe that some were approaching $100. Jeez!

11. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, i love boat shoes. As they are comfortable to wear, absolutely my style.

12. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I love the Boat shoes, but little did I know that had this many options. I have to say I do not own a pair, but I purchase them for my Nephews. They like their shoes a lot. I think it gives them more option verses their regular tennis shoes. They can wear them with a church outfit or just casual wear.

13. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I can see myself wearing those shoes, but it won't always be a first choice. And also, I wouldn't spend a lot of money buying such kind of shoes.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen my brother wearing those kind of shoes way back in the early 90's, and as a kid I never really liked them. Now that I'm an adult already, I still don't like them at all. I guess I don't find those type of shoes appealing.