Body butters

Discussion in Product Reviews started by isabbbela • Jan 18, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Body butters are for a really intense hydration of the skin, and they tend to feel a little heavy and oily after applying and sometimes it can take a while for your skin to fully absorb it, so that to me is the downside to body butters. I don't really enjoy applying moisturizers, so when I do I prefer to put it on quickly, dress up and that is it.

That being said, they are great once in a while. For times I need heavier moisture, the ones from The Body Shop are my go to. The Body Shop has an extensive collection of butters to choose from, and they go from Strawberry, Papaya, to Brazilian Nut, Sweet Pea and Almond. They have great scents that go from fresh and light to strong and sultry. I love their scents cause they usually don't smell like perfume, but fruits, nuts, and nature scents, which is a good alternative to something you would get at Victoria's Secret. I find they also feel nicer than VS or B&BW.

Something nice they have as well are the Duo body butters, that have 2 sides: one for your regular skin (lighter), and one for the drier areas in your body, like knees and elbow (which is pretty heavy duty). The Body Shop always has good sales where you can buy one get one free, 2 for the price of 1, or some for a discounted price. Plus, I have found them in outlets for around 5 bucks!

Do you guys have a favorite body butter brand or scent?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't bother with them. Companies add a lot of unnecessary ingredients and they aren't good for you at all. Soft skin is great, but that doesn't mean healthy skin.. that's just the junk in there. it's much cheaper and healthier to just go out and buy the butters individually. I don't bother with additives anymore.

3. xwolfiex13x

xwolfiex13xNew Member

Threads:
    I love the body butter from bath and bodyworks. They have a scent called "Dark Kiss". I haven't seen it in the store lately but I know you can buy it online on a site like ebay. It is thicker and makes the body feel really smooth. It is great to use on elbows. I love how body butters don't feel weird and oily if I sweat.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hi SeanM! Body butters are thicker moisturizers that usually come in a pot instead of a tube or a bottle! It's supposed to look and feel like butter in consistency, meaning it's a thick cream, usually oilier than your regular bottle moisturizers. think they are a good choice for when your skin is so dry it's breaking for a quick moisture fix! They are also great for knees and elbows.

5. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I use a normal moisturizer because I think that body butter is way to greasy. And it also sounds like Paula Deen is trying to sell you something. I use products or Rituals, mostly with green tea.

6. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I found a Oil of Olay Shea Butter body wash that is great. It rinses clean but still moisturizes well. I just got an actual leave on body butter by Olay and I haven't tried it yet, but I like most of their products.