Body sculpting: Fact of Fiction?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Lostvalleyguy • May 8, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Many personal trainers and many supplements claim to be able to target body parts to give you the shape that you desire. Unfortunately the shape we often desire is not the natural shape of our bodies. We are not all built the same (even when totally healthy) and achieving that shape is not going to be the same for one person as it is another.

Surgical shaping can work. If you are willing to cut and paste your body with liposuction and implants, you will achieve the shape you desire albeit with scars or obviously stretched skin. Other than surgery, can sculpting really target a particular problem spot?

I can target specific muscles and build them to a certain extent. I can be active and keep myself lean but I don't think it is possible to target belly fat as opposed to body fat. I think most exercise and diets can reduce your overall fat percentage but our bodies will lose it how they choose not necessarily how we choose. Do you think there is any reality behind non surgical body sculpting techniques?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It is fact. There are different mechanisms that are being applied to the body for the muscles to be formed and get into a desired shape. Just that as you've mentioned, the shape could be unnatural and different if you work out your muscles yourself through exercises.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    My ex used to crack me up because he would brag about building toned arms but still had a beer gut. When I worked out, I made sure the focus was on my lower region where I was heaviest. Sometimes the weight would fall into place after many good workouts and a healthy diet.

Back in the 1980s, there was a chain of fitness centers called Body 2000. I guess they were the first in body sculpting and promising overnight miracles. A former co-worker would go on lunch break and spend money (he was also overweight) and I never saw a difference. He also said he was too lazy to work out.