Body Wash or Soap

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Pocs • Aug 2, 2012.

1. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I really like body wash, I do not like bars of soap anymore. Bar soap leaves my skin dry. So I always use body wash now.

2. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    Take the body soap and make it into a body wash. Like someone already mentioned you can do this with any of your bars of soap and it cost a little bit of money, but you end up getting three to four times the amount of soap for a little investment.

3. quitetenacious

quitetenaciousNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer bar soap. I've tried the body washes before and I like them when I run out of shaving cream, otherwise I don't find much use for them. I did really like the moisturizing body washes that came out with lotions infused. I think they advertised it as a ribbon of lotion. I don't remember what the brand was. The wash made my dry skin really soft, so soft and moisturized I didn't even need my usual body lotion. However it left a horrible greasy ring in the tub bottom that kept building up and it was just gooey and gross.

4. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I like both, but I cannot choose one because I have a skin allergy. Most soaps and body washes irritates my skin to the point where my skin gets puffy. The only body washes I use are from Victoria's Secret and St. Ives. I use Irish spring, dettol, carbolic, and lever 2000. However, I do love the various scents of body wash.

5. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Body wash for me, too! I can't stand the soap slime bar soap leave and the hair that's always stuck to it. The only thing I do not like about body wash and I think is a total rip off is the price. I always wait until the go on sale and I have a coupon, or I'll just get the cheaper Suave brand. There is no way I'm paying upwards of $7.00 for one bottle of body wash. It has to be under $3 to be a good deal.

6. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I typically use body wash/shower gel over bars of soap. I'm tired of having it slip out of my hands too often and I like the variety of scents that gels offer and such. Though I may switch to bar temporarily for longevity.

7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I put on Axe after I shower so there's no need for body wash really. I prefer soap. I like Irish Spring and Ivory the most. My biggest problem with soap though is that it melts too damn fast. Three bars last me a week at best.

8. Moneypincher28

Moneypincher28New Member

Threads:
    I prefer to use body wash if I can afford it but have no problem using bar soap as it seems to last longer and lather better, which strangely enough is important to me. I know it's weird, but I feel if I don't get a good lather either from my soap or body wash, I just don't feel as squeaky clean. But really, it just all depends on what brand you're going to buy. But if you really need to save money, purchase your bar soap at the dollar store and it should last a good while.

9. meryliz

merylizMember

Threads:
    I prefer a bar of soap. It slips off the rack all the time, but it's less waste and I'm allergic to most perfumes anyway, so the unscented/sensitive bar by Dove is a staple in my home. When I need to exfoliate and moisturize my very dry legs, I mix granulated sugar with baby oil :) It makes the tub very slippery, so be careful.

10. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I use the men's body wash because it's easier than using soap. I hate the film that the bar soap leaves on your skin. Maybe it just the type of soap I'm using, but I don't like the bar soap. With the body wash I can put a small amount in my hand, and it lathers faster than using a bar of soap. The smell of the body wash smells better also it has a cologne smell to it, but the bar soap doesn't smell that great to me.

11. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I usually do the first coat with soap and shampoo then I rinse and do a second coat with body wash and conditioner. Soap has better antibacterial qualities but body washes tend to smell better, especially the ones I use, so it makes sense for me to have the best of both worlds.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use body wash because I don't like how bar soap melts and gets slimy in the soap dish. I don't like the residue that bar soap leaves on the soap dish and shower. I find body wash less messy and not having bar soap melting in the shower makes clean up easier.

13. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    can you say both, lol? I wash with both actually. All the important areas i use non fragrance soap and then i use a great body wash on the rest of me. I switch between a good smelly perfume brand and the moistrurizer ones.

14. ronnie41647

ronnie41647New Member

Threads:
    I have to use Dove body wash. The bars are much more cost efficient. However If I use any bar, including Dove's, it irritates my skin and I break out :(. Must be something they use to make the bar? I have wierd skin!

15. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    Thankfully body wash has come a long way since its first introduction. In the beginning I preferred bar soap to body wash because the wash usually left my skin feeling oily not smooth and hydrated. For the longest time I actually preferred the dry skin feeling of most soaps over the slimy feeling of still being covered in soap, which is what I got from body wash. However, a lot of body washes have improved and really do hydrate your skin without over doing it. I personally use the Soft Soap brand as it's one of the few that doesn't leave my skin feeling oily. I have tried some of the Bath and Body Works brands and although they're great, they're also expensive. Soft Soap body wash brand is available just about anywhere and it goes on sale frequently.

16. hobbies360

hobbies360New Member

Threads:
    I personally use both in one shower routine. Using bar soap is an embedded trade of growing up. My mom always insisted that everyone in house use Zest soap to get super clean. It made me itch but she would not stop using it. She said that bar soap was meant to lift the dirt off of us. So now I use Caress or Oil Of Olay. I then proceed to use body wash as a follow up with my sponge or loofah. I do this for more of the fragrance and spa like feeling of taking a shower. I prefer fruity smelling body washes and clean smelling bar soaps. Depending on the weather I sometimes alternate between cleansing and moisture varieties.

17. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    I use Bodywash myself. Never been much of a Bar of Soap man. I love Irish Spring Bodywash, and Dove is nice as well, along with a couple other brands I frequently switch between. I squirt some Bodywash on my poofy scrubbing ball and get nice and clean!

18. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind using soap... when it is a brand new bar! I can't stand using it again after it has stuck to the shower shelf and has that slimy soft layer on it. Plus, most brands make my skin feel really sticky and dry, even Dove moisture bars. Body soap with a loofa/washcloth is superior to any bar soap I have tried.

19. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    can we use both? lol....i think it depends on the day, but most of the time i prefer soap to actually feel clean. might be mind over matter, but.....

20. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    My household uses liquid bodywash all the time. I do sometimes like some body soap bars because they smell so good and I do notice the scent from the bar seems to last longer than the liquid bodywash.