Body Wash or Soap

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Pocs • Aug 2, 2012.

1. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer body wash. Reason being I can work up a lather so much faster. My favorite is Shokobutsu with the lemon accent. It's very concentrated. Just a couple of drops and I am good for the whole body.

2. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what mood I am in. I am currently using Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild Soap as a bodywash. It keeps my skin moisturized as it doesn't have any harsh ingredients in it and I little bit goes a long way. There are other times that I prefer to use Dove's Sensitive Skin or Ivory bar soap. I feel like it is easier to get a good scrub going with bar soap, but I do not like how I have to peel off the leftover scraps from the soap holder. So, each product has its benefits and drawbacks. I love both for different reasons, but if I had to choose one over the other, a bar of soap and a washcloth would be my pick.

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I do whatever is on sale. I like body wash but some of them really don't leave me feeling clean. Soap on the other hand usually leaves my skin dry so its a give and take with me.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I go with body wash. I like that it smells good and I can use it with a loofah/bath sponge. It lathers up nicely and goes a long way. I just don't like using bar soap.

5. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I use body wash more than I use regular soap, and it is easier to use and you only need a little drop of it to finish the job. However, I think that soap takes forever to lather up.

6. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I agree. I love my body wash. I like using Caress Body wash, it smells great but it also makes your skin feel so smooth. The scent travels throughout my bathroom, bedroom, into our loft, so whenever I shower, you can always smell it. I just started using a Loofah, and when I notice how little of body wash I was using I was shocked and from now on I will purchase only those. If I use Bar Soap it is to take a bird bath at the sink. So I have both in the house, but I go to Family Dollar and get a 2 pack bar of off brand of Caress or Tone.

7. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Once I started using body wash, I have always used it ever since. It feels like my skin is more smoother. And also it's more convenient and less waste compared to bar soaps, knowing that bar soaps easily melts.

8. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I use Nivea body wash for bath but I use L'Occitane Body Soap when im going for a shower. Its very soothing and the smell is just very neutral and clean.

9. elenaboss79

elenaboss79New Member

Threads:
    iNG I agree with choice of Old Spice, even it is designed for men's I adore the smell. And Dove soap as well, skin is so milky after!

10. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I actually use both. I use a glycerin soap bar. Then I usually use a moisturizing body wash. The reason I use a bar soap is because I feel more clean when I use a bar soap. And I feel like it has more deodorizing properties. The whole reason I use a bath wash is to moisturize my skin when it gets overly dry. So I use this after I wash with the bar soap. I would never just use a bath wash alone. To me it has the same effect as using conditioner on your hair instead of washing it first.

I was interested in what you said about bar soaps. I never looked at them as harboring germs and such. Because of the fact that it is a soap, a cleaning product. So I just thought this was an interesting take on things. I do know somebody that will never use anyone elses bar soap. He will only use his own. Like the whole wash cloth theory.

11. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Body wash, no doubt. The main reason is that it is much more hygienic to hit the flask to get some of the liquid, than grabbing the soap and re-use it, over and over again until it disappears, leaving you to use the same soap that may contain previous dirt from the last shower.

12. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I love using body wash, it has more variety of smells and soap always dries on me for some reason. I love the Nivea water lily body wash it smells amazing.

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've been using body soap all my life so I'm kind of used to it already, but I have to admit body wash is better. It lasts a lot longer, and so does its smell.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tried using Dove's body wash before but I found it sticky on the skin, so I just opted to continue using bar soaps. Besides, you can always wash off the residue that you leave behind in bar soaps. They're also cheaper too.

15. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    Body wash, all of the way! I used Dove soap when I was a child and it was nice, but I find my skin prefers me to use the body wash. I tried it out of curiosity and it simply works better for my skin type. The money difference isn't too bad, so it doesn't bother me one bit.

16. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My nan buys me body wash by Lynx EVERY Christmas, I don't know what she is trying to tell me, haha.

I have never used the body wash, I give it to my dad or my friends. I don't like using toxic chemicals to clean my skin, I use warm water and a body brush.

17. joshAnthony

joshAnthonyNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer body wash over soap any day. Mainly because bodywash seems more convienent and easier to handle. On the other hand soap can be really messy in a bathroom although I think soaps last longer I would still prefer body wash.

18. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    I usually go for body wash because I feel it's so convenient and I can get the foam faster,saving time too. I don't like how a bar of soap can be so slippery and I don't like how when I put it on a soap dish, sometimes I get bits of soap hanging around. However, I have recently bought and love farmers market bar of soap with oatmeal in it. It looks pretty,smells better but I will probably use it once in a while. I am still more of a body wash person.

19. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer liquid soap. Or body wash for at the sink when I am in a hurry and just washing my hands, and it seems to me like it lasts longer than plain old soap does also.
    For a shower, I still like regular soap, it is just easier for me to hold onto and wash with, and I like the moisturizing soap bars like Dove, and also the glycerine and honey bars.

20. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have always used body wash for as long as I remember and I don't think I'll ever turn to plain old regular soap.
    I just prefer body wash because it lathers in better and I love all the thick bubbles it creates. It somehow makes me feel cleaner than a regular bar of soap would.