Body Wash or Soap

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Pocs • Aug 2, 2012.

1. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I actually have both and use them depending on time constraints. I use soap when I'm rushing but use body wash when I have more time since I use a loofah with it. I also love how a bodywash makes my skin feel softer and most body washes smell like they have more fragrance than soaps so I like taking time when using it. It relaxes me more.

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The conventional soap sold at the supermarket is full of harsh chemicals which penetrate the skin and enter the bloodstream. These chemicals are toxic and often unregulated. I personally use natural black African soap.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Body wash is mostly chemicals. I know people prefer convenience over health, but I'm just not one of them lol. I hate the cons to bars of soap (GOOD bars of soap), but I know what's in them.

4. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I like both, but I use bar soap on a daily basis. Body wash is okay, and I like the scent of it, but I also like the "nuts and bolts" and no nonsense of a basic, run of the mill, bar of soap. Nothing fancy, no fancy smells, just soap. Washing with soap makes me feel cleaner, while washing with a body wash makes me feel more "scented." I like them both, but if I had to pick, I would pick just a plain ol' bar of soap.

5. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I like both body washes and soap, especially all natural ones. I love Dove and Ivory in both the bar and body wash. I have learned that just because lathers very well doesn't necessarily mean that it's cleans better than a soap that does not. Health is more important to me now than whether a soap lathers well or not. Many of the soaps and body washes on the market contain harmful chemicals that when absorbed by the skin, which is very permeable and is the largest organ of the body, could have health implications later on. If I can't buy all natural versions of these at an affordable price, I can always make them.

6. x0MandyLynn0x

x0MandyLynn0xNew Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer to use body wash. I find that the scent of it lasts much longer on my body afterwards, a lot more than soap does. Sometimes soap can leave my skin feeling dry afterwards too! Which I can't stand! Plus there is so many different type's of body washes you can buy. Different smells, some more creamy, soft, some more sweet than others. I have a weird habit aswell, I can't stand the feeling of my hands being dry. Soap always makes my hands feel dry, after putting it down even. So, from now on. I stick to body wash, and that's it! My favorite choice of the two for sure!

7. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I have both bar soap and body wash. I prefer the body wash, particularly some of the offerings by Dial, which include exfoliants, spa minerals and natural frangrances and moisturizers. My skin feels much softer, moist and much less dry than bar soaps.

As to the plastic bottles, they are accepted in curbside recycle bins out here along with dish soap containers, shampoo bottles and plastic milk jugs. I do find they are more economical and when I have guests they seem to prefer to use the body wash. I think the fragrances are wonderful and the selection of moisturizers, aloe and other ingredients keep me interested in the variety.

8. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    Both are good, I totally agree with you. Dove is a good soap to use. I have very sensitive skin. I break out easily. Dove actually helps my blemishes disappear. I don't know if it is just a mental thing but I feel soap cleans the body better than a fruity liquid. But because I love to smell good, after a good wash with soap, I'll polish with a gel or liquid soap so I can smell good (lol @ polish)

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always try really hard to use body washes... I'll buy the really good smelling ones from VS or BBW, but I always go back to using soaps... they are more practical to use for me. You don't need to open the lid, pour them on the sponge, take more... with a bar soap you just take it and it's ready.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Read the ingredients list on a bottle of body wash. It is full of toxic chemicals (often unregulated) which the human body is not designed for. Of course, you will not find much information on the toxicity of these chemicals as there haven't been any long term studies on it. Simple common sense will tell you it causes harm to your body in the long term.

11. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, body wash is a better deal for your money. I think the body wash gets your body cleaner than soap does. Whenever I use body wash I always feel refreshed and rejuvenated. The soap gets your body clean, but I don't think they both have the same cleaning power. Body wash produces tons of suds which will help your body get even cleaner than before. I would suggest body wash over soap any day.