Book Collection

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Binu • Dec 14, 2016.

1. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    Do you collect books? When I say books, I mean digital books as well as print books. Do you have a library of print books and ebooks? I have about 200 print books in my collection and about 50 ebooks.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am a fan of primt books and I have not a significant collection as I don't buy them. Mostly I read on the borrowing basis and so I return after I complete them.

I do have few of my favourite authors though and some that I picked up during travel.

My E-book collection is only limited to academic subjects of my interest.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have any ebooks right now. I have a collection of books from James Herriot, Lillian Jackson Braun, Glen Grant in print. I love mysteries, but donated a lot of them to the library. Getting older, so I downsize to make move a lot easier. I'd like to spend the end of my days in a Senior Home that has independent living to assisted living. My Herriot & Braun books just don't want to part with them yet. Guess I'm from the days of library and bookstores, so I like to hold the books to read. I got to get accustomed to ebooks. Well for now this is my collection of books.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have mini library at home. It is filled with general references on education, trade and commerce, selected book of laws, pocket books, reviewers on accounting, on teacher's board, among others. These books were collected and even bought by myself when I was still studying in college.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    The only books I own are my daughters childrens books as I really don't have the time to read myself. When I do need a book the library is where I go I prefer borrowing instead of buying since I usually read books only once. I do purchase books for my daughter because she loves when I read to her sometimes the same book multiple times.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I really like to read, but I never really thought about having a collection of books. :oops:

I don't know exactly why I have never thought about this possibility (would be something quite normal for those who enjoy reading so much), but it's something I'll consider for the near future. ;)

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! That's a lot of books :D Well I used to collect books before and my favorite series to collect is Chicken Soup for the Soul :) It's one of the most inspiring book there is in my opinion. I also collect novels and other fiction books as I love reading. I don't have that much printed books but I have plenty of eBooks since I read most of the time on my phone :)