Book vs Movie

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by katharinemae • Mar 1, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Books are ALWAYS better than the movie tie in, they have more details, very descriptive and doesn't leave out scenes and characters for compression. However, not all people read books, that's why movies are made, to tell the story in the span of 1 to 3 hours, and compressing a story of ten thousand pages into that short amount of time will have its damage to the story. Its just a matter of time spent, books take too long to read through the whole story but its more detailed, however, movies are shorter, but has to sacrifices some elements in order for it to be watchable.

2. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Reading the book first for me can spoil the movie, because the movie has then to match up to how good the book was, lol. I suppose I am just very fussy. I love a good book but if the movie is as good I will also love the movie :)

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I love both reading books and watching movie. But because of the great demand for time, I am not able to read books that often as I used to when I was a kid. So I just watch those book-based movies without reading the books. And since I am not able to read the book, I don't have a point of reference. I can't say that the other is better than the other. But when I am pleased with the movie, I make it a point to read the book. On the other hand, if I did not, I don't bother at all.