Books You Are Reading Or Will Read

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by DrRipley • Oct 10, 2014.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I have always been fascinated with weird storylines and unique plot, with difficult characters whom you both hate and love. If you were also into this kind of genre, then I recommend to you these books: The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides (this is on my top 3 favorite books of all time), White Oleander by Janet Fitch (also a great book but a bit disturbing), and The Way The Crow Flies by Ann-Marie MacDonald (the twist at the end is so shocking). So yeah, happy reading! :)

2. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    ... just added those three books to my

;) Did you know that White Oleander is an Oprah Bookclub book?

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a few books I'm planning to read soon. The new Neil Gaiman story book, a Harlan Ellison compilation book I got in the Humble Bundle, The Death of WCW, and some compilation of stories with Cthulhu theme by known authors - I'm not sure what the book's named from the top of my head, though.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I know. I think Oprah even made an audiobook of this one. But I didn't pick this novel up because it's an Oprah Bookclub book. :cool: I saw this at a bookshop, read the synopsis on the back cover, and really got curious so I bought it. It reads like a poetry and definitely worth-reading. It actually has been made into a movie with Michelle Pfeiffer and Renee Zellweger on it. You might also want to check that out.

5. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    There are lots of good books out there and it depends on what genre you are interested in. I recently read Crazy Rich Asians. It tells the story of an Asian couple who are struggling to keep their relationship because of family ties and social status. It is a good book and you can learn a lot about Asian culture and also get a good laugh out of it. It also has that romantic comedy feel in it but a pleasant novel to read, nonetheless.

6. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I dont know the reason but I wanted to read the Fifty Shades of Grey books or series. Maybe I found the movie a little bit interesting so I wanted to tried reading the three books. Hope it is interesting and exciting.