Borrowing clothes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Theo • Oct 12, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't like the idea of borrowing clothes. They just don't seem like hygienic. I think clothes are personal, very much. Not because out of hygiene, but more likely because clothes are precious items that everyone treasures and takes care with utmost sincerity and effort. So lending it would take so much unease for the lender, and borrowing it would sure make me uncomfortable thinking that I can't and shouldn't do anything that may put the clothes at risk. There's more pressure to be not with myself and to not make most of the night or of the event to which I am wearing the clothes that I borrowed.

2. Lauren Chaste

Lauren ChasteNew Member

Threads:
    I try not to burrow from others, but when I do I hate to give it back. That sounds terrible, I know. However, there was a reason I wanted to borrow it. I didn't have that particular piece of clothing and I'm not sure where you got it from, and I want it. I'm not gonna ask you where you got it from, because I do not want us both to walk around with the same apparel on. As much as I would like to keep some of the material I borrow, I return it to it's owner because its the right thing to do. On the other hand, I wish that when others borrowed my belongings they returned them to me.

3. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I'm guilty of borrowing clothes and not returning them to my sister. My sister and I are 15 months apart and the same size in clothes, so when she went away to college, I borrowed whatever clothes she didn't take with her. When I moved out of my mothers house I ended up taking them because I was so used to the items being apart of my wardrobe, that I didn't even realize until I wore it and she was like "is that my sweater?" My sister had so many clothes that she didn't miss anything until she saw me wearing it. When you have siblings that are your size, expect to share and borrow clothes. I ended up returning the favor and letting her borrow/have this skirt that I loved so much and plenty other items, that we both looked cute in.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally, i'm NOT a huge fan of borrowing clothes. I think it stems from my mum discouraging it when me and sisters were growing up; for some reason she just hated the habit. I'm very precious about my clothes and would hate to think someone wasn't taking care of them as well as I would. The most I'll lend friends/family is maybe accessories, but even then I much prefer that we all just stick to our own stuff :)

5. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    I do not borrow clothes from friends because i do not like to loan clothes, if I borrow the I feel i would be obligated to let them borrow from me. The only time I have borrowed clothes from family member was when pregnant with my first child, my sisters regular clothes worked great for me as "maternity" clothes.

6. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I practically share my clothes with my family. The family is literally of all sizes: my sister is small, my brother is large, and my parents are both medium.

I borrow from everyone because I like clothes that fit tight and I occasionally like wearing loose clothes. The clothes are not my size, but I wear them in a way that actually looks wearable. I don't even remember the last time I went shopping because I just go through their closets and pick something that I feel like wearing on that day.

7. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I can't remember a time that I borrowed something from anybody and they didn't return it, let alone clothes. I wouldn't lend clothes out to someone who I didn't trust to return them as well, so there's that. Also, I wouldn't lend my friend any clothes that I have in my regular rotation of outfits. It would have to be a piece of clothing that they are really into and I don't wear as much, or pretty much never wear.

8. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Years ago I had a friend that borrowed a bunch of new clothes from me, and then without a thought, loaned them out to other people. People who stretched them out. This really hurt me, since I didn't have a lot of clothing at the time. I guess I was trying to buy her friendship. The worse thing about it though, was when I had the audacity to ask for my own things back, she acted like I was imposing on her. I learned a lot about friendship back then, mostly the hard way.

9. bhickmon

bhickmonNew Member

Threads:
    I've swapped clothes with college roommates and family members before, but I was always the one who was bad at returning things! Sometimes I ended up keeping jackets and shirts for weeks! I'm proud to say I've gotten better at returning things now! One of my roommates and I were having a falling out, and I saw her around campus wearing a necklace and cami of mine. I asked her about it, and she was like "well you weren't there so I just took it." It made me upset and I realized maybe that's how other people felt when I borrowed their things and didn't return them!

10. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I'm very particular about returning things I borrow. In most cases, I don't actually prefer to borrow. My mindset is that if I don't have a certain item, I'll just make do with what I have or save up to be able to buy it. I only borrow when it's absolutely necessary. Also, I make sure that I return it right away, soon after I finish using it. I make sure it's clean and orderly before returning to the owner. I think it's basic discipline that you return it to the owner and I personally hate it when people don't also return the things that I lend to them.

11. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I would borrow clothes from my brother all the time. I would do it so often that he ended up just giving me clothes that I would always borrow from him. After a while it was him that was borrowing my clothes all the time.

12. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I'm plus size and almost all of my friends are "skinny" (aka smaller then me, and in no way plus size) so I don't even have anyone to share clothes with! I'm not a big clothes sharing person anyways, because anytime I try and "share" anything else (books, CD, DVDs, tools, etc) I end up never getting it back! Which is super annoying and makes me mad. :mad: So yeah, I'm not a clothes share-er.

13. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I borrowed around 3-4 tshirts to a friend of mine who would come at my place after we did sports or something similar. Well, let's say that I didn't see the shirts again or even him remembering when I called him out on my favorite tshirts. It's been 7 years then...I still miss those tshirts.