Bottled Water Is Not Safe For Drinking Everyday

Discussion in Food & Drink started by mildredtabitha • Dec 18, 2017.

?

Bottled water is not safe

1. Agree

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Disagree

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I know we can't completely avoid it. I have consumed it few times too.

In 2014, I watched a show called "1000 ways to die". I don't like the show but I watched it twice. On one scene, there was a lady who would drink 8 small bottles of water and she loved exercising. She was really fit but I am not sure for how long she consumed the bottled water ( the ones sold on markets).

She was jogging but collapsed and died. Doctors said she had high sodium levels in the blood because of consuming bottled water.

I doubt if we can completely stop drinking bottled water but drinking it once in a while is not bad.

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for this information. Now I know that drinking too much bottled water is dangerous. I have read that there bottled water selling companies are adding salt to the bottled water and when it is consumed in excess that would cause death. From now on, I would be extra careful in drinking the bottled water not to its excess.

3. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Bottled water,just like the other bottled drinks, contain preservatives to extend their shelf life. Those preservatives are toxic chemicals such as halogens(e.g chlorine), which when consumed daily accumulate to toxic levels which can poison cells.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Wow! I'm shocked by this. I guess nothing is beyond being evil. Note, I also heard a story that Subway bread, a popular health food restaurant in the US, had an unhealthy aspect to it. However, I don't think the situation was as extreme as this.

Anyway, another thing wrong with bottled water is the fact it's a massive pollutant. It's like disposable diapers.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the brand of bottled water although I believe that bottled water is generally safe. However, there are brands that sell cheap and I try to avoid that because my logic says that an expensive bottled water has more guarantee on the quality. But in fairness to bottled water, they undergo rigid testing and sanitation is their primary concern.

6. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    I think bottled water is pretty safe in general as long and your buying name brand bottled water. And honestly, water from the city is not safe at times too. About 2 years ago the city water about 20 miles from em had hi toxic content from pesticides and they said if you drank the water it could kill you. And another city 50 miles from me had a led problem. You just have to be smart about the water that you drink and you will be ok.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the info, I have never heard that info before, but it pays to take notice, even if I rarely drink bottled water. I feel that buying water would be a waste because it doesn't have any taste as compared to buying flavored drinks. lol.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    While I don't consume bottled water on a regular basis, I wouldn't judge bottled water based on the conclusions of a TV series that was basically produced for entertainment, not informative purposes. The stories featured on the show were loose interpretation of supposed deaths that can't be verified. They made fun of people's death and made money out of it.

A bottled water contains an average of 17-20 mg per 1 liter bottle. If you consume about two liters a day (8 x 8-0z), that would just be 40 mg a day, a far cry from the FDA recommended upper levels of 2,300 mg per day. A little research can help prevent the spread of fake news/ideas on the internet.

9. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am a little surprised by this but then again not really. Anything that tends to go through a private company is questionable by nature, which might be unfair but as we can all see it is for a reason.