Bottom Dollar Food Stores

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dconklin • Apr 1, 2012.

1. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have a Bottom Dollar Food store near you? We went shopping there on their opening day, which was kind of a crazy day to be there. I really should have known better-a discount grocery store that was giving away stuff for the grand opening = big crowd!

We go there often to shop now. It is a cheaper store tho the selection is not quite as big as a major supermarket. You can buy what you need here for less! They had Perdue boneless chicken breasts on sale for $1.81 a pound which is incredibly cheap for around here. You can buy everything you would at the store, it just has a slightly smaller selection of things. Great grocery store to save money at! Just have to bring your own bags or you pay 5 cents per plastic bag that you purchase. They also have the re-usable bags for sale there. I often go to Stop and Shop for shopping as it is closer, but I do like to make trips to Bottom Dollar to save money too!

2. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    The selection is rather limited and you can't always find what you are looking for, but the truth is that they have very low prices. In some cases you should use the food you get immediately and not refrigerate it again, but in all it is a store you can pay a visit.

3. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    We could use something like this in our town. Aldi's is the closest thing we have in comparison to Bottom Dollar. I don't mind bringing my own bags because I like bagging my groceries in a certain order. Wal-Mart is the big grocery store in our town. We have already lost two grocery stores that were competition for Wal-Mart. We really do need more options for shopping around here so we could save some money.

4. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I have not found a problem with our local store. The produce has always been in great shape and I have bought food for the week and put it in the fridge. They sometimes do not have as big of a selection on some items, but I have made out pretty good there.

5. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Aldis is probably cheaper then Bottom Dollar Food. At least this has been an observation from comparing the 2 by me. The big difference is that you can find name brand at Bottom Dollar along with generic. Many times at our local Aldis, it is all a brand I have not heard of. Tho I have heard that it is all good just the same.

6. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    We have Food City here, which is supposed to be a cheap food store. The prices are usually very cheap on certain items like produce, but expensive on other items like peanut butter. They've been having some big sales like 4 lbs. of bananas for $1 and one dozen eggs for $1. They also had chicken breast for $.89 per lb. recently.

#6Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  7. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like the store to get meats and produce. Do you have another store close to get other stuff? We are actually lucky here. We have at least 9 different supermarkets within 20 minutes of here. 3 of them are within 5 minutes driving. It does gives us options.

8. Lieutenant

LieutenantMember

Threads:
    We do not have any store by that name in our area. We have something similar called Aldi which is a great store for most products.