Bottomless Drinks

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Jun 9, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you avail of bottomless drinks in restaurants? The price of a bottomless drink is less than double that of a regular one-glass drink, say iced tea or soda. For heavy drinkers, I guess the bottomless is a good option if you can drink more than 2 glasses. But for light drinkers like me, I cannot even finish a glass, so I would just choose the regular one-glass order. I am posting this thread because I have noticed that most of my colleagues would order the bottomless when they could only drink a little more than one glass. That’s surely a waste of money.

2. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    That is so true. I also used to fall into that trap. I think that the restaurants end up making so much money from the greed of people like me who think that they are saving money when in fact they are giving away money to the restaurant. It's only later that I realized that I kept paying for bottomless and yet I could hardly ever finish one glass.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would probably only buy a bottomless drink if I was at an amusement park and was planning on walking around with it all day. Getting a drink in a fast food restaurant most of them are bottomless anyway, or refills are free. This is just one of the things you can plan on..other than that, if you have to pay extra it is not good for these drinks.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure that this is really something that is that appealing to most people, but then again I imagine that if it is there then it would work for some reason. I tend to just stick with water if I am going anywhere though.

5. Pravish

PravishMember

Threads:
    I have seen a lot of people going for the large drink even when the small and regular size drinks are bottomless too. They have their food in the restaurant and leave the drink. What is the point of spending those extra bucks for the large? When I go to these fast food chains who offer bottomless drinks, I choose the small cup as it saves money for me and at the same time I can have as many refills as I wish.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In some places they offer unlimited coffee and at first you drink as much as you can to get the best value, but after that the novelty wears off and you drink what you can, which is a coffee and maybe a second one and that's it. The company still make good money as they know it will attract people to buy the coffee and stay longer and maybe buy other items such as puddings.

7. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    If it's unlimited rice, probably yes, but bottomless drinks? I think it's a waste of money to drink bottomless tea at restaurants when you can prepare one at home for just 10% of its price. I only go for regular drinks and then drink water to quench my thirst if that isn't enough. Sometimes, I would even order food and buy juice/water from the supermarket. That always allowed me to save on drinks. Most restaurants offer set/value meals with a drink though and by the way they quote prices if you try to order without the drinks, you'd think that the soda and tea are almost free so I have to go with the flow and take the drinks. But no bottomless drinks for me, I'd rather pay for dessert.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I never go for the bottomless drinks since I don't think it would be worth it as I am a light drinker. It would only be a waste of money unless I were to share it with my daughter but she usually gets her own kids size drinks. That is just a way for businesses to get more money not for our benefit.