Bought some clothes at Gap today...

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by pennylane • Oct 19, 2014.

1. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Gap is having a big fall sale (additional 40% off of all markdowns) so I got a few tees and some jeans today. They were a steal after the discount! I was pretty happy. Then, a few hours later as I was reading my email I found a gift card to the Gap that I had forgotten about! Dang.

I can always find something else to buy later but the store is a bit of a drive from where I live so I don't know when I'll be back.

I'm excited to have a gift card I'd forgotten about (lol) but I wish I had known about it when I was at the store today! :p

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Is the sale applicable to their online stores, too? I am not from the U.S., so I can only buy online and have them shipped to my home.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Gap (though we don't have a lot of Gap stores in our malls). Their products have minimalist designs and aren't very flamboyant. Gap always adopts that cool, laid back vibe that I rarely see in today's clothes shop. Today's fashion verges on the garish and plays with the "shock factor." Everyone's dressing to impress. I'm glad there are clothes like those you find in Gap stores and stalls as they bring fashion back to earth.

4. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    Boy, I hate when that happens. Once I had a coupon right in my handbag and didn't realize until I was in the car on my way back home. Some stores let you use your coupons online as well as in the stores.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I hate when I miss out on something like that, but at least gift cards are good for quite a while. Hopefully you'll be able to use on their next big sale so you can make the most of it. I haven't shopped at a Gap store in years, but I found a great denim jacket that is Gap brand at a second hand store. It's still my favorite denim jacket ever, such great quality.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Oh man, I hate when that happens- I always seem to do that! You might be able to use it online, too? At least you got some nice things at a good discount, either way =). This does seem like a great time of year for that, a lot of things going on sale.

7. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    The fall sale is still going on online. Many items from Spring and Summer are now 75% off. Check it out! You can get some great basics for really cheap. :)

8. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I love Gap! I gotta say though some of their stuff can be really expensive :/ I definitely like Old Navy better than Gap. I scored some pretty awesome stuff when Gap had a sale last summer, and deep inside I kinda wish they have sales more often :p I would probably end up spending all my money at Gap if they had more sales :)

9. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I like gap kids but I don't really like it for myself to expensive love the jumpers though. Best place to get jumpers especially now winters coming. I must admit they do have good sales. Wonder if it is same time over here in the UK? Have to check it out payday on Friday :). The weathers changing and they do always have lovely hat scarves and gloves.

10. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    You might try going back, returning the items, and then using your gift card to re-purchase them. If you find a cool salesperson you won't have to let the items go back out on the floor but do it all right then and there. If you are going to go back to purchase something else anyways, you might as well spend that same gas money to drive yourself up there and use your gift card. Or maybe you can buy something online with it. I wish I had a gift card! That is so cool. I love the Gap and their clothes are really timeless.

11. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I looked at the website today and their fall sale is now at 75% off. They have lots of shirts, jeans, and jackets on sale. It's worth taking a look if you need anything.

tangela, I like old navy too. For denim I prefer Gap because I think they last longer. I like the style/colors of Gap more too. For basics like t-shirts and kids clothes I'll go to old navy. Their prices are lower and I can't tell much of a difference.

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Gap is the among my favorite brands. I regularly check on sales and shop there online. After, I always feel great satisfaction despite having to spend so much money, despite the sale. Ironically when I shop during sale season, that's the time that I spend more money as compared to when I am shopping clothes that are on regular price, because when I do so, I feel like the money is being wasted, at least some of it. When a buy a discounted clothes, I feel like the more I spend, the greater my savings,so my spending is justified. It feels like when I spend for them, I feel rewarded by being able to buy more, which I don't feel when I am buying clothes at regular price.