Bought Something On Ebay 7 Days Ago, Not Yet Shipped

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by gh0st233 • Jul 14, 2015.

1. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    Hey guys, what should I do? I bought some stuff on eBay before and they have all been shipped, and I'm awaiting their arrival. However, I bought two items, one was 1.50$ and the other was 4.50$ and they haven't been shipped yet. I paid for them 7 days ago. Is there any way to request my money back or request them to ship the item? I have no idea and I am very new to ebay. Please, help me out. What should I do here?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I would start by trying to contact the seller to inquire about shipment. After that, check Ebay's policy. I know years ago there was a way to dispute a purchase if the item didn't ship within a certain amount of time, but you had to prove you tried to contact the seller first. Did the auction mention any kind of shipping details before you made the purchase?

3. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    This is weird. I logged into my paypal, and it showed "shipped" for 3 out of 5 items. So, I thought the other two weren't shipped, and I couldn't access ebay for whatever reasons. I went onto ebay now, and I went into the purchase history and all the items have been shipped on time. Why doesn't it show that on Paypal. Thankfully, all items are shipped.

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Are all the items from the same seller? If so, I'd say it would be something in the communication between Paypal and Ebay. If they are from different sellers, I'd say the seller of the items not showing shipped on Paypal just either didn't mark the box to say "show as shipped" on Paypal or chose to print shipping docs from a source other than directly through paypal.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Contacting the seller is the first step you should take. If the seller does not respond within a reasonable amount of time, then you should contact eBay directly with your complaint. EBay is good at protecting the buyer, not so much the seller.

Before buying merchandise from eBay, you should always research the seller and find out how many items that person has sold and what their other feedback is like.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As the above post state check with the buyer asking when the item will ship. If that does not give you a good answer open a dispute thru Ebay. Where was the item coming from is one of the questions you should always check on when you purchase an item. If it is coming from China it will take longer for you to receive it.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I suggest looking into ebay's buyer protection program terms and conditions so you'd know exactly how much time you have and how much allowance you could give the seller for their product to arrive before you'd have to file a case. The common tactic of scammers is to draw the transaction long enough for the window of opportunity of filing a complaint to pass, so as long as you're aware of that grace period and how much longer you have left you should feel relatively safer and more secure. Also as everyone else has said, try contacting the seller first too, as it is probably more common than you think since it's usually a problem with the shippers instead of the sellers.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you contacted the seller who you ended up purchasing the item from?? What is their policy and profile information. When you first go to purchase an item, under a seller, it usually tells you how many days it is likely to take to ship. I don't think I have ever seen seven days or longer though.

9. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    If I order something in the future, and it doesn't get shipped, now I know what to do. Thank you for that. However, the items were shipped, they just didn't show as shipped on Paypal, which someone explained why it doesn't show above. The seller had a lot of good reputation, so it was weird to me that he wouldn't ship the item. But all is good, and I'm awaiting the arrival of 5 different items. Will the post send each one separately?

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Paypal can take a while to update, esecially during periods of high traffic. I've often used it and not received the transaction notification email for around 4-5 hours. Seven days is a bit too long to wait for the item to be sent though - I hope the goods you have ordered were worth waiting for.

11. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    Ebay itself doesn't sell anything, its users do. Your quarrel should not be with Ebay, it should be with the seller of the items.You should private message the seller of the item and if no reply is given and the item is still not shipped, contact Paypal and get the money charged back to your account. Paypal ALWAYS sides with the customer so you should get your money back.

12. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    The items have been shipped, and I am waiting for them to arrive. What if the items don't arrive during the set time-frame. What should I do then? Should I contact the seller again, or e-bay for some sort of a compensation?

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're buying from overseas, the items arrive in 3 weeks to 3 months. Sometimes even up to 4 months in my experience. But you are protected, since Paypal has a 180 day dispute from date of payment if the item didn't arrive.

14. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    Wow. I can actually wait for it for 4 months? Is that a thing? Does it happen often? It said that it should arrive from 21st to sometime in August, and that is reasonable and acceptable, but even 2 months is not, let alone 3 or 4. I'm hoping this isn't very often because I need those items sooner than later.

15. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Which shipping service was being used? I've noticed lately that USPS (I made a thread about this here) hasn't been updating the tracking, so even if it doesn't show as shipped, it could be on the way. Often, when I ship items I've sold, they aren't even scanned until they're halfway across the country. It doesn't hurt to contact the seller, though, because sometimes if it hasn't been shipped, it will remind them to take care of the matter. I bought something last week, and the seller apparently didn't ship it, and I messaged saying how excited I am about getting it, and right after that, it shipped.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @gh0st233@gh0st233, The item that arrived after 4 months was an isolated case. I still wonder why it took that long even if the item was shipped shortly after I paid. Maybe it got stuck in our post office? Who knows, right? Most of the time, I only wait for a month if the seller used China Post or Hongkong Post. If they used Swiss Post or Singapore Post, then prepare to wait for 2 months. I bought from the UK before and they used Royal Mail. The shipping wasn't free, and it arrived after 5 days. If the item didn't arrive for a month, then you may contact the seller, but since the dispute time frame is quite long, I'd say just wait it out for 2 months before you contact the seller.

17. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I've never had a seller use Swiss Post or HongKong Post. I can't imagine waiting 2 months, but I guess if you're expecting for it to take that long, you adjust your expectations. That's what I've done when purchasing from sellers who use China Post. You're right, the dispute time is lengthy, and I did have to dispute one recently that I had waited about a month and a half or two months for, that never arrived. Ebay was pretty quick to respond and rule in my favor, primarily because the tracking number given was fake.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Diane Lane@Diane Lane, Some sellers don't ship the item at all if the winning bid was too low. Did the seller respond to your message? Was that transaction an auction? As for me, I don't urgently need the items that I buy, so I don't mind waiting for 2 months. If I quickly need it then I would go to a local store.

19. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on what shipping you paid for normal mail or signed for delivery. The cheaper methods will be slower and you can't blame the seller if they don't arrive within the time frame unless it was a 48 hour paid delivery. That's why they sometimes offer you insurance, if you choose not to take it then it can be a risk at times. You are usually sent a tracking number if you paid for a signed for service that you can track.

The seller can be quite hands on and email you directly rather than wait for the automated emails. You should always contact the seller first, because that's what ebay will tell you do. They are just the middle man.

20. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Ebay shouldn't allow sellers to do that. If they set the auction at $.01 or whatever, and it doesn't get up to the amount they want, then they should sell it in a show of good faith. If they want to obtain a certain amount, they should set a reserve amount for the auction. I would never ignore a buyer, nor would I not ship an item if I didn't get the amount I wanted. That type of issue is on the seller, not the buyer, who bid or purchased in good faith that the auction is legitimate. What you're saying is that those auctions are false listings, and don't belong on eBay or any legitimate sales site.

No, it was Buy It Now, which is the method I usually use when I shop on eBay. Occasionally, I will bid on an item, usually bidding low, and if I get it, I do, if I don't, so be it.