Bounty With Dawn

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ABC123 • Apr 11, 2015.

1. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    While at the gym this morning, I saw an advertisement for these new paper towels. Having kids, they totally caught my attention. Anyone else see these yet or even tried them. I know my sister did our dishes about a month ago using Dawn. In the past I bought and used the store brand dish detergent, but after feeling my dishes when she did them, my mind was changed. I am willing to spend a little more for the cleanliness of my dishes. So these paper towels change how I do other cleaning in the kitchen.

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of them. What's the deal? The paper towels are infused with Dawn dish liquid, kind of like tissues are infused with lotion? So, just dampen them and start cleaning up? If so, I would definitely consider giving those a try (as long as they are priced reasonably, otherwise I'll just squirt some Dawn on there myself haha). I wonder if they still offer the Rinse and Reuse Bounty. I liked those, but I can never find them in my area.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Do these paper towels already have the Dawn dish soap in them, so you can just wet them and clean? It's a pretty neat idea; I can see where it would be useful: camping trips, picnics, car trips with kids, but at the same time, I'm not sure I'd buy them because I would still want a regular, soap-free roll of paper towels around for drying and quick clean-ups.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I imagine these are expensive to buy? ($2.97) I would rather use them separately as it's cheaper and greener. I can't see this really lasting unless the cost is not much different. I personally prefer to use a sponge to clean dishes rather than a paper towel. It maybe good for traveling, but at home I buy a pack of scourers and throw them out each month or when they are worn.

5. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    Some good point were raised that I did not think about when I saw the advertisement. True, the price maybe too high. Yeah, it makes sense one could just put Dawn on the paper towel. Based on the advertisement the Dawn is infused and I am sure they have to be dampened. I did not see the entire commercial, but I did see the presented roll with Dawn written across and the women using the towel was like ringing it out and wiping up a mess. Hopefully others will see the commercial soon too have a better idea about liking them or not. I thought at first glance that it made sense.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, @ABC123@ABC123, they are a neat idea. I'm glad you shared this. I figured they would be kind of pricey though. Theo mentioned some good uses for these, and I would probably consider them for certain things, but I probably won't be purchasing them for everyday use. I try to limit the number of paper towels I go through anyway. Still, it is a cool idea, and would come in handy in some instances.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These were some of our favourite paper towel rolls in England. My husband and I used them for the longest time. I thought they were really worth the price because the roll is generous, and the towels are very strong and don't fall apart, even when you're wiping down the surfaces. The squares are larger than average, so we also used to cut it in half diagonally, and our roll would last forever!

8. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    Sounds like an interesting product. I like to use a spray bottle of vinegar mixed with dawn to clean the shower, etc., and I try not to overuse papertowels. I might try these if I saw them at the store, but I'd probably use them sparingly.

9. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first that I've heard of this product. I had to google it. It sounds like a good idea, especially for cleaning around the kitchen, but not necessarily on dishes, not for me anyway.
    I stopped using Dawn on my dishes years ago.

To me Dawn dishwashing liquid has a strong smell that I can still smell on my dishes long after I rinse them thoroughly. That irritates me, because no matter how much I rinse, I can still smell that smell on my plates, and therefore it affects the taste of any food that I put on/in those dishes/cups/glasses.

I'd buy these though, because I can think of a number of places where I would use them around my house.