Boxed.com

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Diane Lane • Mar 21, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Does anyone here shop using Boxed.com? It's a site that offers discount prices when you purchase in bulk. Shipping is free when you spend over $50, just like on many other sites we're familiar with, but there is no membership fee. The site also offers shopping rewards. Here's a blurb from the site:

"EARN REWARDS ON EVERY ORDER

For every $1 you spend at Boxed, you’ll earn 1 Boxed Rewards point. Earn $5 credit for every 500 points - because who doesn’t love rewards?"

I first stumbled upon the site when I was looking around online to find a specific product I wanted to buy. I was stunned at how much cheaper the cost was on Boxed, versus buying the product either individually or in a box, in my local grocery store.

I haven't shopped the site yet, since I'm on a tight budget, and don't have a lot of room to store large amounts of products here in this little house, but I wanted to share, so others could take advantage of the savings the site offers.

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not looked too much into this site as I do not do a lot of shopping online at the moment. I was wondering if they were really cheaper than buying at the store like they claim to be. The one time I looked on their site I did not see that they had everything on there that you can find in the store. I may check them out after I get moved and see if I can get things cheaper on there.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Never heard of it. I don't see any BBB accreditation, so I'd hold off buying until I do some checks at bbb.org and Norton Safe web check too. I'v not seen any advertisement on it too.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's actually been around since at least 2013. From what i've seen, it looks as if it's got a solid background. I usually also look for BBB certification, but perhaps for some reason, that's not important to the founders.

Here's some additional information on the company.

Boxed was founded by former Zynga execs Huang, William Fong, Christopher Cheung, and Jared Yaman, who had joined the gaming company through the

. Now the group is looking to switch from mobile gaming to mobile commerce, with the launch of the new app.

The startup has raised a seed round of $1.1 million from ENIAC Ventures, Social Starts, and Bessemer angel group 15 Angels. Former Zynga COO David Ko is also a Boxed investor and will lead the company’s board of advisors.​

It seems the company began as a mobile app, but it does have an actual website, which is where I stumbled upon it, rather than as an app. I have never subscribed to the theory of just in time delivery, and like that they have their own warehouse in which they store the supplies until they're shipped to purchasers.

Here's a review of the site/company:

5. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I haven't seen anything bad about it and have also been debating on ordering a few things when I have more money to spare. I think it's worth a try at least once, as long as a bunch of bad reviews don't start popping up.