Boxing or MMA - which sport entertains you the most?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Nov 18, 2013.

1. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    MMA, it's only because it is a lot more savage and raw. I do not really like the sport, but if it's on t.v it is hard to look away. I know it has it's own set of rules and set of sportsmanship standards, but it's difficult for me to understand or to acknowledge it with the same respect as other sports. I can not root for one guy to beat the living crap out of the other guy. I would rather applaud both if they were giving it their all, it's difficult for me to see exactly what they are putting into the ring.

2. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I like them both, but these days I'm following MMA way more than Boxing.
    When Mike Tyson went away, boxing got really boring... I hate watching dudes just trying to out-point each other, and stalling.
    This also has to do with the way Boxing is marketed, and how match-making is done...

Either way, every boxer would get his ass kicked in a MMA fight...

3. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Have you seen James Toney vs Randy Couture? Toney made a fool of himself in that fight. He was so out of shape and Couture just toyed with him. However, MMA and Boxing are two different sports. Yeah, maybe every boxer would get destroyed in a MMA battle. But we can also say that a MMA fighter has very little chance to win against a pro-boxer in a boxing match.

4. TheKid

TheKidNew Member

Threads:
    Tough question. Both boxing and MMA are really, really exciting! I think they are somewhat in different categories because in boxing you watch a big strong, fast punch while in MMA you see great strength and technique used to escape out of a submission and counter the person. I personally prefer MMA because I think there is more action in it than in boxing.