Boy Lives in Walmart

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Mayvin • Aug 14, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    When I heard this story it reminded me of that movie "Where the heart is" and when I think about it, you probably could live pretty comfortably in the Walmart for a while anyway. You have your food, clothes, TV, you just need a shower lol. This kid must have been pretty desperate to run away from home. It sounds funny but just makes me wonder why he wanted to leave home. If you could live in any store undetected for say a month, would you choose Walmart?

2. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I love Where The Heart Is. It is one of my favorite movies. If I am going to be abandoned in a store in an unknown city, then I choose Target. They have cuter clothes. :)
    I wonder why the boy ran away. I hope everything works out for him and that his situation at home becomes more stable.

3. Canadianlover

CanadianloverMember

Threads:
    That's a pretty interesting article. I could certainly see anybody hypothetically living in a Wal-Mart. The article said at the end the he was staying with his Aunt... Perhaps the boy did not get along well with the Aunt?

Anyway interesting story.

4. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I read this article this morning and it's hilarious!?
    Has this ever happened before? I ask because when I was a kid, I remember lot's of comic books having a similar storyline. Is it just a common fantasy maybe?
    Anyway, the kid figured there was no way he could be using the restroom because then he would get caught, so he used diapers for the whole four days! That's hilarious.

5. atlman

atlmanNew Member

Threads:
    This story or the kid for that matter doesn't sound crazy to me at all. If I had to runaway for whatever reason, Walmart wouldn't one of the places on my list. Given that I'm a grown man and not a kid anymore, I would imagine it would be that more difficult to get away with it, but I'm not saying it couldn't be done. I consider Walmart my home away from home because I'm literally there every day.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's what I thought too. When I saw this story on the news, I got the impression that he ran away because he didn't want to stay with his aunt. He was visiting her. I guess he doesn't like her.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Quite an interesting news indeed. I wonder how the kid got passed those security cameras and store workers undetected for not one day but for one month. If I were the kid, I'll probably be pretty scared to live alone in a giant store at night. Don't WalMart shut off the air-con after closing up? Or this one opens 24-hours a day? I'll probably pick Wal-Mart too since it's got everything, I bet there are changing rooms with showers in them.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not the first time the kid has run away from home
    He clearly does have some issues! Does he hate staying with people in general not just parents and relatives? If he has a tendency of hiding in abandoned homes maybe he's into something even more darker. Who knows? Psychological help would come in handy else next time he decides to run away from home, he'll venture a little bit further, end up with the wrong people and the plot of the story from then on would somewhat different.

9. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    My thought is that the people he is living with may have some issues, making him want to run away. I think instead of authorities just thinking "oh, this is a kid that likes to run away," maybe they need to investigate more into WHY he's running away by looking at his home life.

10. BoomSchroasted

BoomSchroastedNew Member

Threads:
    That is actually a pretty funny story. The only question I have is: where exactly did he sleep, and where did he shower?

I am assuming he just did not shower, but where do you think he slept? I know the staff does not have much of a tolerance for people not browsing the shelves, so I wonder if he hid somewhere. My friends and I played Wal-Mart hide and seek one time, and there are some pretty great places to hide, that were comfortable to-boot! Great story. I am guessing he stole the food that was in there too so he could eat! Haha