Brand Name Eye Liners Or Others?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Miaka_M • May 22, 2016.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    A new beauty shop opened up across the street by my place and I decided to take a peak. What I noticed is that they had eye liner brands that I had never seen before! I tested some of the pencil liners on my hand and to my great surprise, they did not rub off as easily as I thought they would and because of the opening, its only $2! I do have a pencil eye liner from Sephora that isn't as great for what I paid for - it was $16 and it rubs off very easily!

Now with that being said, this $2 eye liner seems to be a steal, it literally glides along my hand when I was using it! So, what should I do? Well, what would you all do? Would you stick to well name brands or would you try a new brand that is still of equal quality?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wrote a piece on my

about this, and it is trial and error because price doesn't always mean the best quality. I use several, but I like GOSH, NYC and Lancome (who are owned by L'Oreal) eyeliners as they have the colors I like and suit me.

Most eye crayons are made by the same companies, just with another name on them, so you pay big bucks for marketing, packaging and advertising really.

3. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I still buy drug store cosmetics even though they're not under a popular brand because they work with me just the same as the branded ones but with a lower price. If I have extra, I would get a branded item just to compare it with the usual items I buy. They are also safer to use since they've undergone meticulous processing in the highest standards possible for human use. I don't normally pay attention to those kinds of things but it's always best to keep caution,

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Obviously only you can make the decision here - as apart from having seen and tried the product yourself - you are the one who is going to be using it.

However, if it were me - as quality and value for money are extremely important to me when buying anything - if something at a lower price is equal in quality to a more expensive branded product - absolutely no way would I chose to buy the branded product - in fact so much so - that without any hesitation I would go for the cheaper option - as to be honest why pay more for a brand name when you can get the same quality for less and particularly so in this case - $2 compared to $16 - no two ways about it - that’s excellent value for money.

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:

Yes, I tried the product and it actually came in a few other colours including white! I took your advice to heart and decided to purchase a black eye liner and a white eye liner. Quality and value are also something that I look for in a product. That being said, the Sephora eye liner that I purchased previously was apparently "excellent" when I asked for the sales person's input, I know now never to trust beauty stores haha. I'll look online and get opinions first!

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The ONLY thing you need to worry about with a cheaper eyeliner is it irritating your eyes or giving you allergies. Test it on first with a little product, if it doesn't go for it .
    Eyeliners are so simple.
    I'm pretty snotty for makeup, I like expensive high end. Except for mascara and eyeliner, which I'm completely fine with the cheap stuff because they have exactly the same effect and durability!

7. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Because I don't use eye liner very often, I will always buy cheap ones - as I always have to throw them away before I am able to get right to the end of them. I hate to waste make-up, so I always refuse to spend any more money on it than I really need to. I usually find that the quality of the product is the same regardless of the price, so I am happy to use the cheaper products.

8. Saundra Jackson

Saundra JacksonMember

Threads:
    I use eye liner witch are maybe 4 dollars or something, because I usually find that the quality of the product is the same regardless of the price, I have never had some sort of allergies or irritations :)