Brand Or Generic Power Supply?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Casiox • Aug 11, 2016.

1. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I do not really know the differences between both of them, all I know is that one of them has a brand and the other one has it as well, but it's not that popular and such things, is there any real reason why one is better than the other? Which one should I definitely buy?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a sale of portable power charger a.k.a. power bank in the Sunday market which are obviously generic. I would have bought one if my husband did not caution me. When we were in the mall where branded power banks were available, we saw the discrepancy of the prices - the branded is about 3 times more expensive. Eventually I bought a branded portable charger and had it compared to the generic one of a colleague... which conked out after a month of use. Just by that, it's definitely cheaper to buy an expensive branded power charger.

3. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, you got me wrong, I was talking about the PC power supply, because there are a ton of brands which are really expensive and I do not really know whether to buy brand new ones or generic ones, I do not really see any difference on both of them so it's hard to understand.