Brazilian Wax

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by H.C. Heartland • Apr 4, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Groupon is offering a $27.00 coupon ($55.00 value) on a Brazilian wax. I have never had one done before. Is it effective? I looked up some information online and it said that it is often done using beeswax because it is the safest way to remove unwanted hair in senstive areas. I have had a paraffin wax done before but was surprised at how quickly it grew back despite the promise of being hair free for months.

2. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    You never know if you'll like them until you try. Given that beach/pool season is approaching fast, it might be a great time for that coupon. :) I'm going to go see if one is available in my area.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would make sure the place was reputable as that is the most important thing. Hygiene, because infections can happen with waxing. I was always advised to take painkillers before hand to numb any pain. Apparently you need the hairs a certain length before they will do it, though some are very skilled now and some people have a high pain threshold. I am not one of those people!:eek:

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A Brazilian wax would be the very last thing that I want. I don't really understand the obsession with hair removal from all body parts. To me a certain amount of hair, especially pubic hair, is sexy and natural.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I've never heard of a waxing technique that will last for months before. Regrowth is usually apparent within 3 weeks or so.

Besides taking two ibuprofen about an hour before you get waxed, it's advisable not to go in the week before your period is due. Apparently it is a lot more painful during this week.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It will NOT keep the hair from growing back for many months. It usually has to be done every 6-8 weeks.

That being said, if you continue to do it many times, the hair will grow back slower and slower....and it'll be thinner, too. Not only that, but it'll be less painful after the first few times. So yes, it's worth doing it, but don't expect the best results to happen the first couple times. Give it some time!