Breathing problems

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • May 12, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Both me and my kid have allergies and in the last days I've been using daily on him the aerosol machine. Are there any more effective solutions out there? Homeopathy seems to do nothing when the crisis is stronger...

2. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I use essential oils and have had wonderful results in the breathing area. I work as a wellness advocate with an essential oil company. I can't and won't say which one, nor can I advise beyond saying some oils that are awesome for breathing no matter what brand you end up using. Here is a search for further research. :) Feel free to dig thru it, as it is pages and pages long and very informative. Best wishes. :)

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Thank you for the link, I am really looking into it. I was just now in the drugstore to buy an inhaler, but I prefer way better the natural way, as long as I can breathe of course lol. How do these essential oils are used and how long do I need to use them until I feel the effects?

4. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Lavender used to work for my cousin who has the same problem. She mixes it with a bit of mint. I think lavender also helps because of its soothing effect. Her doctor used to say that she becomes more prone to allergies when she's feeling stressed. She would also often spray on lavender in her bedroom even when she does not have allergic attacks and she noticed that the attacks became less.

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I am just now doing some investigation on which natural products might help me. I am calling a couple of homeopathic drugstores and also natural products stores and so far the product that has been recommended to me it's called Bronchalis, but I am going to dig deeper, I'll spend a few hours trying to understand what will work better for me.

6. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    You feel effects of essential oils right away. If you are starting out with no knowledge about them, what essential oils are is the concentrated 'juice' if you will of the plant. When you take a leaf of something, say lavender and crush it, that oil is what an essential oil is. So in that way, the word 'oil' is a misnomer. Essential oils are not oils as in fatty type oils such as olive oil. Essential oil's molecules are much smaller. That is why they go into the body so quickly. Essential oils are very concentrated. For instance, one drop of peppermint oil is equal to 28 cups of peppermint tea in it's medicinal qualities.

Essential oils can be absorbed into the body very quickly thru the bottom of the feet. You can also breathe them. This is of course called aromatherapy. I much prefer to call them essential oils, what they actually are, because there is so much more to their qualities that anything perceived as superficial. They are serious medicine.

One of the ways essential oils affect the body is thru through aroma. Thru the nose ~ the highly sensitive olfactory system. How this works is when cells in the upper part of the nose capture odor molecules, signals go to the brain’s limbic region, the so called primitive portion of the brain.

The technical terms I learned about it in massage school go on to say when essential oils are inhaled, the molecules rise to the top of the nose and meet the olfactory mucous membrane. The olfactory membrane has thousands of receptors that identify the smell.

Since all this happens so quickly, we are not aware of them but still get an emotional reaction, and very often memory. That is why we don’t need to be aware of a smell to be affected. Within seconds, a scent is compared to a *known* scent, compared and labeled. Then we go on to have memories associated with the scent information and react emotionally and physically through our autonomic nervous system.

These responses are determined by the specific qualities of the essential oil being used. This is where the physical qualities of the essential oil do their magical dance together with our body and emotions. As you know, oils range from relaxing to stimulating. The nerve impulse in the limbic system leads to other areas of the brain that are responsible for secreting hormones and regulating body functions. That’s how a simple inhalation can cause changes in the body from stimulating the immune system, to initiating the digestive system into action and so on.

The entire process from the initial inhalation of the oil to corresponding gland secretion takes place in a matter of seconds.

Once again to use the massage school as an example.. I had to study anatomy and basic body functions at the pre-med level in order to graduate. This was a bit challenging for me as I had been out of school for quite awhile. I used breathing, simply breathing basil essential oil to help me concentrate and retain the knowledge I was studying . It worked great, by the way.

7. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know how medicine is disbursed in other countries. Homeopathics can be quite tricky. Many times the reasons if they don't work is that they are the wrong remedy or people take it wrong because it requires a careful watch on symptoms and effects. Such as one remedy will work better if the right side is effected and won't work at all on the left. That is just one example. However, many remedies are now in combination so you don't have to figure as much out, but it still requires careful observation.

Essential oils are less tricky, and especially easy if you already have some herbal knowledge. That said, if you want to go the homeopathic route however, you may actually have more knowledge at your disposal than with essential oils. I don't know.

Best wishes either way. :)

8. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I know what you mean, I was taking four different homeopathic medicines per day and before I take them I can't drink or eat in the 30 minutes before and after, this four times a day, so it's not easy to do this medication. I've tried a lot of stuff (not the oils just yet, but I think they will be my next step) and I feel that nothing is working really, it's really puzzling what happens to our body sometimes.