bring back hanging for paedophiles?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by A.P.W. • Oct 4, 2012.

1. A.P.W.

A.P.W.Member

Threads:
    this post was supposed to go in to the off subject threads, sorry!

#1Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    It certainly might scare a few folks. It is a terrible crime. Preying on helpless children.

3. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    well wherever this post was supposed to go to, i agree that any pedophile should be sentenced to death. Anybody who preys on helpless children should not be allowed to live. Infact they should be tortured to....as they tortured their victims. sorry but have not sympathy for anyone one who hurts children.

4. HughIvar

HughIvarBanned

Threads:
    It is a terrible crime. Preying on helpless children.

5. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Maybe a few other crimes could be added to the list. Like sexual predators and rapists. It would be interesting to see the reaction to some members of the clergy being placed on death row for being involved in pedophilia. Of course it is not just members of the priesthood.
    I personally feel that the death penalty is called for when individuals have just simply forfeited the right to live because of the damage they do to others.
    Funny for the most part I am not a right-wing sort. This area is one of the exceptions.
    Ryder13

6. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Not only for pedophiles but for other major crimes as well. Sometimes, an iron fist is needed to bring back the order in the society. Our society today is in a total mess and there are heinous crimes happening minute after minute. If we let this continue, I don't think that our children and grand children will see the beautiful way of life we once saw.

7. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! Those people are the scariest kind of criminals. They do damage to those poor children that no one can even know unless you were a victim. I will never understand them and I do not care to. We have to put a stop to it and since those people don't care about the children they are hurting, maybe they will think twice if they know they will be killed in a horrible, humiliating and public way, knowing all those people came just to watch them die.

8. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    The problem with this is that many people are accused of a crime when the crime itself was a hoax. For example, there was a case here locally where a teacher was accused by one of his students for sexually assaulting her. She cried, made a scene, was emotional and basically got the teacher in hot water and suspended him without pay. The issue went on for over two years and his life had become a living hell with death threats and he couldn't find a job.

Some years later, a diary amongst other things were stolen from that teenager's room. There was a break in. Whoever stole the items, read through her diary, took pictures of some of her entries and posted them on the net. They were posts that confessed she lied about the whole thing, just to get back at him for 'being mean to her'. Another investigation ensued and with some prodding, the teen admitted she pranked the whole thing. By then, it was already too late. Parents everywhere had entrenched in their minds that the guy was a bad guy. The former teacher developed depression and a myriad of other problems.

----

Besides that, here's the thing: what do you consider a pedophile? It seems a lot of people have the incorrect assumption of what that means. Would this include statutory rape? What if the person having sex with the minor was a year or two in difference?

9. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Death penalty cases have very high rates of wrongful convictions because of the politics of death penalty cases. What percentage of innocent people executed is acceptable? And remember, most child molesters were victims as children. Not all children who are molested turn into child molesters. I know a man who was molested by a step-father as a child. His brother and sister were, too. Years later, he caught his brother molesting their niece. He murdered his brother.