Bring Back TV Show?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Mayvin • Dec 3, 2013.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Which TV show would you want to have brought back? I've only seen a handful of shows that have been able to pull it off surprisingly. Or another question: what reunion would you like to see like the Cosby Show ect... I think would be interesting to see and have it centered around say Rudy getting married or having a baby or something.

2. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    I really liked Jericho....I may have been the only viewer because it lasted just 2 seasons. I really don't like reunion shows because, for me, it spoils the magic of the original run.

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I really like Try Calling, which it discontinued to a smaller number of viewers. I would like it to be aired again sometime in the future.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Cosby Show would be a great reunion, I love Bill Cosby; such a funny man. I would also like to see a Friends reunion, I really miss them, even if they were getting a bit stale. As for bringing a show back, I don't think I can think of any that would have lasted much longer anyway. In retrospect it looks like they got out while they were ahead. Like Lost. I wouldn't mind seeing that one come back and answer a few more questions, but I kind of like how they left it.. open to interpretation in a way.

5. AliDee

AliDeeMember

Threads:
    How to make it in America. I've read a lot of poor reviews on it but I thought it was a great show. It definitely inspired me and got me motivated to work on my own projects and kept me motivated throughout them. I'd love to see them bring the show back! It had so much potential with starting different business ventures when things would go sour with partners etc. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think of the show?

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use to watch this show called girlfriends when I was younger that's a show I would like to see come back it never really had an ending it just kind of stopped. SO i'd def like to see that show start back up where it left off.

7. Treadlight

TreadlightMember

Threads:
    Fraser with Kelsey Grammer. That was probably the best written and mature television show ever created. I especially enjoyed the Niles-Daphne sub-plot. One of the best love story's ever.

8. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Oo, I'd love to see a Cosby Show reunion. I love that show. I actually still watch the re-runs when I want to watch TV and there's nothing interesting on. And that happens a lot since the majority of tv shows are reality shows now.

I'd also love to see Sex in the City, Roswell, Taken (mini-series), and Alphas come back. I know Sex and the City has had two movies come out since the end of the series. But one movie every few years is not like having an episode a week.

9. XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXxNew Member

Threads:
    I wish Moonlight or Blood Ties would come back, very underrated awesome vampire shows.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like to see the tv show Desperate Housewives back on tv, because it's such a great show that had a unique mix of drama, comedy, suspense and a little "action" in the form of the women having their little catfights. I think that a show like that is rare and would be hard to surpass.

11. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    The problem with reunion shows is that people would tune in to watch it and the TV networks would then commission fresh series and ruin the show.

There are two I'd like to see in the UK and one of them is about to happen.

The one that is happening is called Open All Hours, about a greengrocer and his nephew, the last episode was about 30 years ago. The one-off Christmas special reveals the uncle has died (Ronnie Barker died in 2005) and the nephew is now running the shop.

The second one I'd love to see is The Young Ones, it was an 80s comedy about a group of students who cause mayhem instead of actually do any work, I'd love to find out what happened to them.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd bring back Flight of the Conchords or Bored To Death, both by HBO. I think they just had too high of a standard, and possibly on any other network, these shows might have gotten kept around, but I understand that without the mainstream viewership these shows were destined to be lost and forgotten. I really wish more people had discovered BTD though, as I see it as a very well written show. I'd even consider it as one of the top ones, and my friends and I were terribly saddened that it got cancelled as early as it did.