Brisk Walking Monitor Gadget

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Nakitakona • Apr 20, 2017.

1. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    How Do You Monitor Your Brisk Walking?

Though I am used to do the early morning or late afternoon brisk walking for several months already, I am not aware if how much kilometers I have walked, if how much calories I have burned. Everything remains unnoticed as long as I have perspired and as long as I have spent a minimum of 30 minute walking around the place where I live.

Recently, I got a new mobile phone with several installed apps and one of them is Health. I checked on how it works and I found it very useful for it monitors the number of steps I have made, the number of kilometers zI have walked, and the number of burned calories I have done. What about you? How do you check your walking output as far as calories burned are concerned?

2. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I am having fitness tracking wrist belt for the same. It is having display on it which show me daily status about calorie, distance I walked and many more tracking features. I can connect it with my phone via bluetooth to see past history about tracking. This gadget is also have many features like it show number on it when I get any call. So for me it is very useful.

Normally such kind of gadgets are very expensive. But MI is offering same thing in good deal.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I download those pedometers for Android that are available in the Play Store, and those are the ones that I use. They're pretty useful, but I don't get to use them as much because it would drain my battery fast, so I only use it when I'm walking home already, so charging won't be a problem.

#3May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Yes they will drain phone's battery quite fast during running mode. And also not all those kind of apps are accurate. Instead of it better to have fitness tracking belt that can do lot better and battery will not be issue either. And yes other than tracking, this kind of gadget can do lots of good thing for us. So it is quite helpful in all the way.

#4May 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2017
  5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, How much is your fitness tracking belt? Is it expensive? Well I'm not much of a fitness buff so I don't think I would want to invest in one, so I prefer the free ones, lol. I think reading the reviews of each pedometer app can give us an idea of how accurate and good a pedometer is.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Well, normally many companies (branded one) are selling such gadget in quite high price. But MI (xiaomi) is selling same thing in really good price. I got mine in 2000 Rs (approx 30$). But it do many things. Like if my phone is in other room then it vibrates and shows the number of the caller on its display. I can put alarm and many reminders too. It also gives notifications from other apps on the mobile.
    So it do lots of other things too than tracking the fitness activity. So I guess it is good one.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, For your pedometer to detect that someone is calling you, do you need to have bluetooth on as well on those 2 devices? If yes then that's not a good thing for me, lol. Well $30 is a substantial amount already, so I don't think I would want to buy a fitness tracking belt with that money.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    In that belt bluetooth keep on by default. and yes we need to keep on the bluetooth on our phone too to get those notification. Well, if you are worried about battery of your phone then don't worry it will not eat up extra battery. If you have any other problem then tell me, I can guide you on the same.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, Are you sure it does not consume the battery of your phone incessantly? Because if bluetooth were to be on all the time, then for sure your phone will drain power more than it should as compared to when it's just in standby mode. And does your fitness tracking belt have a removable battery or you can't remove it? Does it also use a micro or regular USB port for charging?

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes I am sure, because even with bluetooth on my phone is still running for whole one and half day like it was used to be when I was using it without that gadget. So I don't think it is effecting. Only during notification on it may eating some battery but that is just unnoticeable. Fitness tracking device is having non removable battery but we can charge it with micro USB port with given converter.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, I see, I wonder when the battery begins to wear out, how are you gonna replace it? Are you going to just buy a new device or you are going to research how to replace the battery yourself? It would be nice if they just carried the standard AA or AAA batteries.

12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think anyone can replace it, I wonder if company itself thought about that. Lol.

But I don't think battery will wear out soon. As battery is quite limited, I guess around 90 mah only. So I guess it will stand for many years. And with that too this gadget works for 20 days after full charge. So it is good. If I talk about battery more then these days even smart phones comes with non removable battery. But they do well. May be these days battery quality is quite good in compare to old days.

13. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I know that app eats or consumes much battery. It doesn't for I am only using it when I do my morning routine walk which usually takes an hour. The battery used or consumed could be replenished by recharging the phone. At least, I know my distance made, the calories lost, among others.

14. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Well if it can stay on standby for 20 days, then it means you only have to charge your phone once a month. So it really seems that your fitness tracking belt will really be able to last a long time, maybe 5 years or more, no wonder the battery isn't removable.

15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes that's why. I am only recharging this gadget once in a month. Not in standby, I am using it quite enough. As it is always connected with my phone it is getting vibrating notification for all incoming calls. Plus I have put daily alarm on it. So with all activities it is staying up for 20 days without charging. So it is good. and yes I am sure it will last long for many years.

16. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, What is the brand of fitness belt that you are using? I became curious after finding out that it lasts that long. I guess it will be worth the money if I decide to buy one. If I use the belt everyday to count how many steps I took, will that make me charge more than once per month? What is your experience?

17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Actually it is on for whole day with all notifications from my phone and my walking details. Still I am only charging it once in 20 days. So it is good.

About company it is of Xiaomi Mi band 2. This is the second version as first one was without display. I used both and both are quite good. If you will go for popular brand then I am sure same thing you will get in more than double price.

18. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100, I finally saw how it looks like and I have to say that it looks quite sleek. It's a bit more than $30 on other sites, but I think Xiaomi is a good brand like Huawei or Ainol. I will consider buying one when I already have money to spare.

19. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yup, Xiaomi are doing good these days with smart phones and many other gadgets. Good thing is that they are giving all gadgets in budget price. So yes good to keep this brand in the list for purchasing. Good to hear that you are interested. Hope all the info will be helpful to you.

20. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    I use an app on my phone that tracks it for me and gives an analysis once my workout has been done about how much I have done and what I need to do. Other than that I usually just calculate it on my own without using any apps or devices to do it and been always doing it. You don't really need to get a lot of apps or devices to calculate how much work you are doing in your workout just do it on your own time saves a lot of time and money.