Broken Cellphone

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Alexandoy • Feb 24, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When you cellphone breaks and the problem is a major one, you should consider buying a new replacement instead of having it repaired. As per the experience of some in my circle, when a cellphone develops a major problem like needing to fix the motherboard then you are in for a surprise. After a month, the repaired phone will exhibit another problem. That’s why it is not economical to have a phone repaired if it has a technical problem already for there may be some more underlying problems that will emerge later on. A new one will free you from headaches.

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    That's true, although some parts like the flex or keypad membrane can easily be replaced. But if the one that's damaged is the motherboard and it's a touchsreen phone, then you really should buy a new one. After all, there are a lot of touch screen phones that cost around $150 and they are good brands like Samsung or Lenovo.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    The point is major problem which specifically affects the normal function of the cellphone. The motherboard for example is broken. Does the MB cost more than to be replaced it with a new one? Well, if it is the case, a new cp is recommended. But when the MB could replaced with less cost involved, it would be therefore preferable to have it repaired. That is my point.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is just the reason why I go for the cheaper phones that are not those lightweight and super thin ones, because I just break them and they do not last long, so I can almost feel myself spending more than that ticket price.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy This is the discipline I follow for major problems with cell phones. However, my 4 year old phone has given me microphone problem which couldn't be fixed despite multiple attempts.

So I resorted to using earphones for talking.

#5Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
  6. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    @larryl332@larryl332 I also have the same feeling when it comes to buying a mobile phone. I usually go for a cheap one which is durable. Moreover, investing in new model is a waste of money as it becomes obsolete within a matter of days. As you said in case of hi-tech phone we need to take care of them and even a small shock or fall can damage them. So again we will be forced to spend money for its repair.

Even though I have a Samsung Galaxy I very rarely use it. Instead I use a basic Samsung model which fits well into my pocket and I can travel freely without worries. There is also very little chance of your phone getting stolen if it's not costly.

#6Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2017
  7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Completely agree with you. I always found that after repairing big problems it keep encounters another one or they repeat the same. I mean no one can make it that proper like the original one. So instead of keep paying extra money for repairing purpose better we go for new one so that we can avoid such irritating situation. In the end this will be only worthy.

8. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I believe it depends on the damage of your cellphone. If the battery is broken, you can easily replace it as it won't cost you that much, same goes with it's software. But when the LCD is broken, or the glass panel or other hardware parts, make sure to check the price of the spare parts including the labor that will cost you and compare whether it's worth having your phone repaired or just get yourself a new one :)

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    From my experience, if the motherboard is broken, then you really have no choice but to replace the phone, because it will never turn on anymore. So that is the definite "dead end" when it comes to the life of the phone. The rest of the parts can still be repaired or replaced.

10. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I had a Bada phone (Samsung Wave 3). The inside screen broke and the phone stopped working. Otherwise everything is fine with it. But the cost of the screen was so much that I had to buy a new phone. I have been trying to get the phone repaired but now I am not getting the replacement part. The cost is also so high that I don't feel that it is worth to get it repaired. It was such a nice phone. Even though it was not android and I was not able to use many applications, still I liked it very much.
    Sometimes, the cost of repairing a broken phone is so much that its better to buy a new one.