Brother Sewing Machines, they may be cheap but they are wonderful!

Discussion in Product Reviews started by amynichole318 • Apr 1, 2014.

1. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I am a self taught sewer. When my mother passed away, she left me her sewing supplies, not a machine, but Fabric and I do mean large Totes, full of fabric, originally I think I took home about 20 totes of fabric. Not really sure what to do with it, I bought a cheap sewing machine at Walmart. It was a Brother and it was under $100. I taught myself how to sew on it and it lasted for several years. It did not have fancy bells and Whistles. When it did die a few months ago, I wanted, or thought I wanted a better machine. So I went to stores that specialize in sewing, like Hobby Lobby and and Joann's fabrics and the prices of there machines seemed excesive especially since Walmart was selling Brother brand machines that were cheaper and had more bell's and whistles. I decided to buy another Brother and I do not regret it. It was right under $200 and has a lot of wonderful things! I just love it. I am planning to stick with this brand for a very long time and really don't see the need to buy a different brand that has the same or less features than the one I have only double the price.

Brother, I am a loyal customer! You make great machines and at affordable prices. Thank you Brother!

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    That's good to know, thanks for the tip! I'm not a huge sewer but would like to pick up the hobby especially since I have two dogs that I would like to make outfits for every once and a while lol. Not sure they would be into that though so we'll see.

3. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    I have never owned a Brother machine but I have heard that they are not bad for the money. I see that was your experience as well. I inherited two older Singer machines and I am trying to learn how to sew using those. So far, I haven't made too much progress as they both need a tune-up and can't really afford to take them into the shop right now. I did learn how to thread them by watching youtube videos and practicing a lot. I'm having problems with the bobbin thread in both of them. Anyway, I would consider a Brother sewing machine if I wanted to get something new.