Browsing Without A Mouse

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Jason76 • Nov 7, 2016.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    A lot of people with laptops like to browse without a mouse. However, to other people such browsing seems odd, kind of like trying to eat food with chopsticks. What method of browsing do you prefer?

Of course, the third way to browse involves touching the screen. That method can only be done on touch screens like we see on tablets.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer mouse anytime. It makes my life more easier and I can control my movements better and so I can get the work done much faster.

Touch screen is best use on my mobile where a stylet just delays my speed.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have experienced this that I browse my desktop without the mouse. I use the keyboard and it works. This could be done also in laptop in case the mouse pad is not working, the tab key could serve the purpose and the directional keys would also be of great help.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    As for my I am okay with any, I can browse with the mouse and also do that by touching the screen. I do not have a particular preference. At home with my computer I browse by use of the mouse and when I am out using my phone or ipad I browse by screen touch. Both work perfectly for me.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I did not describe the second way to browse. It involves some buttons and an in-built area where you can move the cursor. In addition, a fourth way was described by a poster above. It basically involves using the keyboard alone.

6. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I have a touch-pad in laptop but I never use it. I am not at all comfortable with it. I need a mouse to navigate easily, maybe I am used to it. I have seen people using touch-pad but they are not fast enough. I think with a mouse you got better control and it is quite handy to use it. Only benefit of touch pad is that we can avoid the extra burden of a mouse while travelling.

I haven’t tried to navigate using my keyboard. I prefer using touch-pad to keyboard alone. That would be really time consuming for me, but not impossible in extreme conditions.

7. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to shopping online I have to admit that i have never really had a problem with browsing using any of the devices. Most of my online shopping is done at home on the tablet or laptop but I do occasionally buy things when I'm out and about using my smartphone and all the different ways work fine for me.

I might have an issue sometimes on the tablet and smartphone if the site isn't mobile friendly, but these days nearly all the shopping sites are so it's never really a big problem and certainly not big enough for me to complain to them about or stop me from using that particular site.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    In case, the mouse malfunctions, the tabulator key or tab key for short could do the work. It has been noted that on Windows, the Tab key will move the focus to every control or widget such as buttons so that the user interface can be used without a mouse at all. I have tried this and it works.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Using the mouse pad is the easier choice for me. When I use the mouse I feel that I work slower I don't know if it's the mouse's quality or myself, I feel like the mouse always gets stuck. Touch is my second choice as it is not too hard to control once I got the hang of it.

10. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:

is a web browser that works without a mouse, on text-only terminals. It is available for many different OS platforms.

11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Not using a mouse would feel pretty icky and some people even use their voice to browse. Using a mouse is more natural such as using your finger to move or choose pages. I can't imagine browsing without the use of a mouse or a touch-screen. Mouse for me.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    When I was using a laptop, I found it hard to use the touch pad. It slowed me down in navigating the screen, so I just used my USB mouse constantly. There's just something about using your finger to track things that slows things down. It reminded me when I was using a trackball, it also slowed me down, so I prefer just using a mouse or a touch screen device.

13. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Browsing with a mouse gives of a sense of control. Its like handling the steering wheel, the tactile aspect of the mouse is rewarding. I have had the chance to operate a touchscreen laptop and didn't like the experience. The icon also tends to stray and you might find yourself clicking on the wrong leads. However, virtual buttons ensure the longevity of the machine as there is negligible wear and tear.

14. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I have used touch screen only on hand held devices (phone and tabs). I use a laptop and I use my touch pad when I am working on my laptop. When I began using laptop, I only had experience with desktop computers, thus I used external mouse. However, as I have had more experience using a laptop, I began to use touch pad.

15. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I can work with both, unless I'm playing a game of course which really needs a mouse. But if it's just browsing and some article writing I'm good with either with or without a mouse.