Brunch Versus Breakfast In Restaurant

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Corzhens • Jul 9, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a friend who brings his family to a restaurant for brunch every Sunday. When asked why not breakfast, the answer was to save money. With breakfast, you have to eat lunch but with brunch, you just get famished in the morning but after the heavy brunch, you can have dinner for your next meal. In other words, that was his style of frugality for eating out.

I wouldn't subject my family to such frugality because skipping breakfast to save money is not a good way of being Thrifty.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can see his point because eating out can be expensive, but I prefer brunch and these days most places will do brunch because the timing is more sociable. I would think the breakfast menu is cheaper to be honest, but with less choice than a brunch menu?

Personally I love breakfast food and many places serve breakfast all day now because it sells and draws people in.

3. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I eat such a large and heavy breakfast anyways. I wouldn't skip breakfast to save money either, but then again, I rarely go out to eat anyways.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love breakfast anytime, and am glad that so many places offer it nowadays. I would have thought that for the most part, those places specifying that they serve brunch would be somewhat more expensive than those offering breakfast then lunch, without a brunch, or those offering breakfast around the clock. It seems the places I've eaten that offer a designated brunch cater to a particular crowd, and offer specific items that may be more costly than those typically offered for breakfast.

I don't go out to eat much these days, but when I did, I would often opt to order off the lunch menu, rather than the dinner menu, because it was cheaper. I would sometimes order two lunch entrees and take one home with me for the next day. Often, the portions are just as large for lunch, and cheaper, because they're trying to draw in workers on their lunch breaks, rather than the typical dinner crowd.

5. ProNine

ProNineMember

Threads:
    To be honest though, brunches are more late and tend to be more of a sociable event. Plus, with brunch, you actualy get a larger food choice which is always enjoyable and can be quite fun to try out new things. Plus, I don't think it's explicitly a bad thing either. He's found a deal and he's seizing it.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like the idea of brunch. It's always nice to have a family meal in the middle of the morning. We rarely go out for brunch rather I'll make a big brunch at home to save money. I do this on special occasions like Father's Day. Usually we eat it around 11 am which serves as both our breakfast and lunch. The kids are fine with waiting a bit for a meal in the morning so I usually make pancakes, home fries, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit salad. Then we stuff our belly's and are so full we don't need lunch.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is fun and a special treat to go out for brunch. I like brunch because it combines the best items of breakfast and lunch. I like the opportunity to go out and maybe not even have to cook dinner...usually just a light snack will do after going out for brunch. It is something I don't do all the time but what I like to do.

8. shcoo

shcooMember

Threads:
    Most people sleep in late on the weekends anyway so two meals instead of three makes sense. However, many brunch destinations are overpriced. You have to be careful where you choose to go or else it can be way more expensive than cooking breakfast and lunch for your family. I will admit I love endless mimosas though!

9. alvinsalls

alvinsallsNew Member

Threads:
    It's kind of extreme but it makes sense :)

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually do have any of them in restaurants, brunch or breakfast. I usually go to have lunch or dinner. But if I'm going to pay, I would preferred to go for brunch, just because it's probably on the weekend so I woke up a little later and then I can pay for breakfast and lunch at the same meal.

11. rickymuus

rickymuusNew Member

Threads:
    This is a great idea for adults but not children. I find it to be very convenient as it saves both time and money. After a heavy brunch I go for an early supper and am done for the day!